Outage 9/24/2019

This one was pretty tiresome, I decided to redirect the attack traffic to fbi.gov once I had everything sorted though :-).

@Admin - great move! That should deter future attacks here and maybe also throughout the internet.

@Admin You should have diverted it to That Other Place dot com - that’d show 'em!

@rubyyarn Yes, that was my first thought, too. (I just said “people” to be polite!)

So sorry. I didn’t realize that you were under the gun and I shot off a note to admin that I was having issues. I thought it was just me.

It’s a testament to the great job you are all doing with this site running so smoothly, that it never even occurred to me that you could be under attack.

Great job…great site…Thank you for all your hard work.:slight_smile:

@WeeBizzom - I understood the comment to be a report made and supporting data supplied to address potential cybercrime.

I keep getting the following message below when I try to read the Funnies listed under my notifications. All other notifications work.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

Oh my goodness! You poor thing! I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to put up with this! I can barely get around on this confounding thing and type it the right place. You’ve done a wonderful job! Oh, I just learned this today @Admin ! I guess it’s true that you learn something new every day! One of the other users showed me how to do the @ thingy. I forget what she called it. Anyhow, thank you for your hard work. I do hope you know you aren’t taken for granted. This is a wonderful message place where we can talk to each other! I came to the main part because I was looking for someone to help me with a lovely group I was invited to and ran across this subject. I do hope someone in here can help me or tell me where to put my message post for help. I joined the group and finally figured out how to get to it. I see on the side where it says there are posts and comments but I can’t see any of them. I would really like to be able to see the posts! Everyone has been so welcoming and enjoyable. I don’t want to miss a single thing!

@Crafty1x100 - welcome! :slight_smile:

Mentioning someone with an “at” symbol before their name is called “tagging” them.
The person you tag will receive a notification and link to the post.
I tagged you, so you can see how this works.

Where to put your message post for help: In Tech Support. (This “Outage…” topic is also in Tech Support.)
The FiberKind website basically consists of Forums, Groups, Marketplace.
Tech Support is in Forums.
Navigation summary, to locate Tech Support: Home > Forum > General > Tech Support
Link to Tech Support: https://fiberkind.com/forum/general/tech-support

@qfknit thank you for your help! You laid out the instructions so beautifully! Not to sound morbid but tagging sounds like what they do in the morgue. At my age I would prefer to not think of that! I don’t know why I couldn’t think of the word forum. I finally gave up trying to remember what it was called and just said message place. I’m a bit embarrassed about that! I cannot thank you enough for including the tech support page! I am still learning my way around on this computer and website forum so it helps so much!

@qfknit I’m sorry! I was trying to write underneath what I wrote like you did. I did it last night but I forgot what I did!

@Crafty1x100 - to write underneath, click on “Comment” (lower right-hand of screen… it gives a few options: Quote - Comment - Flag - Like).

@Crafty1x100 - I think “tag” in this sense is like a child’s game of tag - tapping someone - you’re “it”!
Kind of like taking turns talking… “tag”… your turn.
:slight_smile:

LOL, if you are 60+, you might enjoy joining the group called Elderberries… check their list of Topics… Chit Chat is one of the oldest topics and several people post there regularly.
Link: https://fiberkind.com/social-groups/age-groups/elderberries-60
Click “Join” and “Subscribe”.
:slight_smile:

@Crafty1x100 you might also find the “how to” helpful. :slight_smile:

https://fiberkind.com/forum/general/tech-support/22801-how-to’s-and-faq-s