Other Wearables

This thread is for our designers to list their other wearable patterns. Please provide a link to your own website, or your pattern at lovecrafts, etsy, etc where purchasers can find your pattern for sale.

I recommend using the following format:

• Share a picture – everyone likes to see what it looks like
  • Yarn used in photo and weight of yarn
  • Gauge, needles
  • Yardage used
  • Link to the website where they can purchase the pattern
  • Other information you would consider important
  • USE TAGS! It may help folks find your patterns easier

Elvery Day Slippers are a great project for a beginner knitter to practice their newly acquired skills.

These are some of the skills you’ll use in the pattern:

• casting on
  • garter stitch
  • increasing
  • decreasing
  • binding off
  • working in the round - either with double-pointed needles or circular needles using magic loop - your choice
  • binding off mid-project
  • stockinette stitch - in the round and flat
  • crochet seam - I know this is not really a beginner knitting skill, but it is fun and useful, and I provide a video tutorial for you for easy clarification
  • and when it comes time to replace your sole, you'll learn how to rip a seam! Don't worry, I have a video tutorial for that too so it's FUN, not scary.
And because they work up relatively quickly, you'll probably want to make more than one pair using your creativity to make them your own style with different suggestions given in the pattern. Not to mention, unless you live alone, they just might disappear only to reappear on someone else's feet!

The uppers are knit first in the round for the ankle, then increases are added for the front. The side and back stitches are bound off, and the front is worked flat decreasing for the toe before binding off the final stitches. The sole is worked flat in simple garter stitch with a little shaping. The upper and sole are then seamed together with single crochet in contrasting color.

You could make the soles a different color from the upper and seam, especially if you’re making several pairs! Any Worsted weight yarn will do, so if you want to spurge on a luxury fiber for the uppers and a utility yarn for the soles, that would totally work! You could also hold 2 yarns together for the soles to make them thicker.

BASIC PATTERN INFO
Yarn - any worsted weight yarn will work

This is what I used for mine. You can use whatever yarn you’d like.
Malabrigo Rios - pure Merino Superwash
Worsted Weight 210 yds, 100g
Sample - Size Med (after blocking)
C1: 035 Frank Ochre (yellow) - used 64g
C2: 033 Cereza (red) - used 7g

Istex Lettlope 109 yds, 50g
Sample - Size Med (after blocking)
C1: 1404 Glacier Blue Heather
C2: 9431 Brick Heather

Needle
US6/4mm DPN or circular for magic loop
3.5mm crochet hook

Gauge
18 sts x 40 rows = 4” - Garter Stitch (sole)
17 sts x 30 rows = 4” = Stockinette (upper)

Tools
5 Stitch markers
(optional: 4 same, 1 different for BOR)
Tapestry needle

Stitch Patterns
Stockinette
Garter

The sizes fit roughly as follows, but are very easy to
modify to your individual foot.
Med - fits most
10” circ at ankle, approx 4 1/2” x 9 3/4” overall
(Lg) - Larger than most
10.5” circ at ankle, approx 4 3/4” x 11” overall

Pattern available for $5 on Lovecrafts, Payhip & Rav.

#elverydayslippers
#knitslippers
#worstedweight
#knittingbasics
#jentollknits
#slipperspattern

IMG_2895.JPG

image_9841.jpg

IMG_4451.jpeg

IMG_4333.JPG

image_9844.jpg

IMG_4329.JPG

The Home & Garden Poncho is so simple and quick to work up, you’ll be wearing it in no time!

The simple stitch pattern is easy to remember, perfectly highlights the character of roving yarn, and creates a delightfully cozy garment that you won’t want to take off.

Due to the nature of the Garter Slip Stitch and the roving yarn, the points will stretch over time, elongating the shape and accentuating the drape. (Photos taken after stretching has occurred.)

Size (after blocking)
19” wide x 45” long (19” x 22.5” halved)
250 g

Gauge
10 sts x 12 rows = 4”/10cm
Garter Slip Stitch, blocked

Yarn I used
Schachenmayr Fashion Leana - Aran (8 wpi)
115 yards (105 meters) / 50 grams (1.76 ounces)
49% Wool 49% Manufactured Fibers - Acrylic
2% Manufactured Fibers - Nylon / Polyamide
Used 5 balls, approx 575 yards

[B]Use any Aran weight roving yarn you like!

Pattern available for $2 on Lovecrafts, Payhip & Rav.[/B]

#home&gardenponcho
#knitponcho
#aranweight
#rovingyarn
#jentollknits
#ponchopattern

IMG_3044.JPG

image_9847.jpg

IMG_3032.JPG

Save the bees with Beehive Mitts! 25% of all sales of this pattern are donated to The Bee Cause, who provides youth with opportunities to understand, engage, and learn from honey bees in order to connect with the natural environment while developing STEAM skills. To date, The Bee Cause Project has provided hives for 300 schools in 50 states and 4 countries that are a part of the Bee Cause community. It all starts with education!

These elbow-length fingerless mitts are as easy and fun to knit as they are to wear. They’re worked seamlessly in the round with easy cables and colorwork, both perfect for new-bees. Roll the ribbing down to expose your fingers as much or as little as you like, or unroll it completely to (mostly) cover your fingers to keep them toasty! You’ll start with 1x1 ribbing, then work ‘repeating circle’ cables for a bit, and on to the colorwork bees after a short bit of stockinette, ending with 2x1 ribbed upper cuff, and finishing off with the afterthought thumb.

One of my test knitters had this to say:
Hi Jen! I just had to let you know what I think of your writing. I’m making your Beehive mitts for a friend/coworker who raises bees. When I saw the mitts I fell in love with them and instantly thought of my friend and hoped the pattern would be published in time for me to make these before Christmas. When I saw that it was published, I was sooooo happy. But, when I looked at the pattern, I thought I would never be able to figure these out. Thanks to your fabulous clear, concise writing, I’m almost done with the first mitt with no problems whatsoever. I am so proud of myself and can’t wait to try more of your patterns. Thanks Jen!

…and after she finished, she said:
Most fun thing I’ve ever made! Can’t wait to try more of your patterns- your writing is SO easy to understand!

Size
7 1/2” circumference at bottom (wrist)
9 1/2” circumference at top (elbow)
Approx 16”/40.5cm long.

Yarn - and DK weight fiber will work great
I used Old Rusted Chair Squish DK
250 yds/229 meters, 115g/4.06oz
4 ply 100% Superwash Merino
MC Sunspot Baby - 1 FULL skein used
CC Ridin’ the Storm Out - less than half a skein used

Gauge
24 sts x 29 rows = 4”/10cm stockinette, blocked
I suggest swatching with your CC yarn so you don’t run out of
your MC.

Needles
US5/3.75mm circulars for magic loop for ribbing
US5/3.75mm DPNS for thumb
US7/4.5mm circulars for magic loop
US7/4.5mm DPNS for colorwork bees
You could use circulars or DPNs for eveything, but I prefer magic loop for the bulk of the sleeve, switching to DPNs for the colorwork bees.

Pattern is available for $6 on Lovecrafts, Payhip & Rav.

#beehivemitts
#knitmitts
#dkweight
#knitcolorwork
#knitcables
#jentollknits
#mittspattern

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

image_9852.jpg

Alice in Warmland - Fun and easy arm warmers.

These are made in size S (6” circumference at wrist) but is easily adjustable by adjusting the number of cast-on stitches, keeping it an even number.

Gauge
12 sts x 14 rows = 2”x2”
stockinette in the round in MC

Yarn I used (Angora Merino blend) - any worsted will do
• Classic Elite Yarn - Liberty Wool
2 skeins (100g/244 yds) in
Teal Chameleon 7872 (MC)
• Crystal Palace Yarns Cuddly Solids
approx 30 yards needed
Whipped Cream 6124 (CC)

• 7 US circular needles (magic loop), or dpns

• stitch markers

• tapestry needle

Pattern available for $1 on Lovecrafts, Payhip & Rav.

#aliceinwarmland
#knitarmwarmers
#worstedweight
#intheround
#jentollknits
#armwarmerspattern

image_9853.jpg

FLDSMDFR Cloud legwarmers are inspired by the cloud Flint Lockwood’s food maker, the FLDSMDFR creates in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

The perfect accessory for that gorgeous hand-dyed skein you just had to have, but are not sure what to do with, or that wild, colorful skein that will never go with anything in your wardrobe. The perfect project if you need a change from our beloved single skein shawls. If you can knit, purl and count to 5 you can knit these leg warmers. Great for social knitting or knitflixing.

Detailed written instructions plus chart for visual aid.

Yarn - any fingering weight will do
Yardage
420 - 470 yards (384 - 430 m)

Gauge
26 stitches and 38 rows = 4 inches in 2x2 Twisted Rib

Needle size
US 4 - 3.5 mm
US 2 - 2.75 mm

Size (after blocking)
16 1/2” tall x 4 1/4” wide, halved
approx 8 1/4” circumference
– easily modifiable –

Pattern is available for $3 on Lovecrafts, Payhip & Rav.

#fldsmdfrlegwarmers
#knitlegwarmers
#fingeringweight
#intheround
#jentollknits
​​​​​​​#legwarmerspattern

image_9854.jpg

image_9855.jpg

IMG_2883.JPG