Other Wearables

This thread is for our designers to list their wearable patterns. Please provide a link to your own website, or your pattern at etsy, lovecrafts, etc where purchasers can find your pattern for sale.

I recommend using the following format:

• Share a picture – everyone likes to see what it looks like
  • Yarn used in photo and weight of yarn
  • Gauge, hooks
  • Yardage used
  • Link to the website where they can purchase the pattern
  • Other information you would consider important
  • USE TAGS! It may help folks find your patterns easier

[IMG2=JSON]{“alt”:“Top-down crocheted shawl with lace border”,“data-align”:“center”,“data-linktarget”:“1”,“data-linktype”:“1”,“data-linkurl”:“https://shawlsanddolls.com/home/25-rockaway-shawls.html”,“data-size”:“full”,“height”:“350”,“title”:“Rockaway shawl, Evening version”,“width”:“350”,“caption”:“Rockaway Shawl, Evening Version”,“src”:“https://shawlsanddolls.com/33-large_default/rockaway-shawls.jpg”}[/IMG2]

[SIZE=14px]ROCKAWAY SHAWLS, designed by Alice Logan, Shawls & Dolls[/SIZE]

Named after Rockaway Beach in Oregon, this lacy, top-down shawl has two variations. Both start with an easy, crocheted
two-row repeat mesh and are designed to show off the beautiful colorways of Lion Brand’s Mandala yarns.
The evening version, shown here, also has a wide, lacy border. The written pattern includes a chart for this border.

FINISHED SIZES—after blocking: Evening: 55” (140 cm) wingspan, 34” (86 cm) deep Sunrise: 48” ( 122 cm) wingspan, 29” (74 cm) deep

Shawl takes approximately 590 yds (540 m) 5.3 oz (150 g) of DK weight yarn.

Evening sample used 1 skein Lion Brand Mandala in color #212 “Spirit”
Sunrise sample used about 515 yds (471 m) of Lion Brand Mandala Baby in color #207 “Honeydukes”

Crochet hook size I (5.5 mm), or size needed for gauge

GAUGE: 16 DC x 8 rows = 4” [I]unblocked

Both versions [/I]are available in one pattern at Shawls & Dolls’ etsy shop

[SIZE=10px]Tags: shawl, crochet, crocheted shawls, top-down, lace, mesh, chart, Mandala, DK, lacy shawl #crochet #shawl #shawls #crocheted_shawl #top-down #lace #mesh #chart #Mandala #DK #DK_yarn #Rockaway #Evening #Sunrise #border #lace_border #beautiful_shawls #shawl_pattern #shawl_patterns[/SIZE]

126e86ba06537d041afa0535362e5c9ajpg.jpg

[SIZE=20px]Full Stop Beanie[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Waistcoat Beanie with Cuff in Eight Sizes[/SIZE]
Crochet pattern in US terminology.

[SIZE=12px]This pattern is available in my Etsy Shop. [/SIZE]

The “waistcoat stitch” (aka the center post stitch, crochet knit stitch, center single crochet, crochet stockinette, or split single crochet) yields a dense fabric with no holes, providing good protection from cold winds. This stitch is not as stretchy as other crochet stitches, so if in doubt, choose a larger size. Be sure to choose a soft yarn to counteract the density of the fabric.

This pattern has a gradually sloping crown, instead of an abrupt change from a flat circle to the straight sides.

Skill level. Easy.

Yarn. 1.0 oz / 28 g (51 yds / 47 m) to 4.1 oz / 116 g (210 yds / 192 m) medium (#4) yarn, depending on size. Red Heart Soft Baby Steps in Elephant and Caron Simply Soft in Navy were used in the models.

Tools. K-10.5 (6.5 mm) hook, scissors, yarn needle, tape measure, and one stitch marker.

[SIZE=12px]Please visit my blog post to see the projects made by my lovely pattern testers.[/SIZE]

Slide1.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide4 (2).JPG

Slide5.JPG

[SIZE=20px]No Nonsense Guy Hat[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Waistcoat Stitch Beanie with Partial Band in Five Adult Sizes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]Crochet pattern in US terminology[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]This pattern is available in my Etsy shop.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]The waistcoat stitch yields a dense, warm fabric that protects the wearer from cold winter winds.

“No Nonsense Guy Hat” is a waistcoat stitch beanie with a partial band. This versatile design can be worn snugly, with the partial band in back, or slouchy, with the partial band in front.

Sizes: Teen, Adult Small, Adult Medium, Adult Large, and Adult Extra Large.

The written pattern contains 10 pages, with ample color photos and clear instructions on how to crochet the waistcoat stitch.

Three different crochet hooks are utilized for this project: sizes 6.5 mm, 5.5 mm, and 5.0 mm. I recommend a soft medium weight (#4) yarn. The models in the photos were made with Caron Simply Soft in Charcoal Heather and Red Heart Super Saver in Camouflage.

The pattern includes instructions on how to measure the head for the best fit and has been professionally edited and thoroughly tested.

BONUS: for FREE instructions on how to sew a soft, warm lining from knit jersey fabric, please see my blog post: https://cheryldeecrochet.com/2020/08…cheted-beanie/[/SIZE]

[I][B]Please visit my blog post about this pattern to see the testers’ projects, with photos and comments about the pattern. https://cheryldeecrochet.com/2020/10/16/crochet-pattern-no-nonsense-guy-hat/[/B][/I]

No Nonsense Guy Hat by Cheryl D Floyd.1.JPG

No Nonsense Guy Hat by Cheryl D Floyd.9.JPG

No Nonsense Guy Hat by Cheryl D Floyd.4.JPG