Okay I have never seen this before stitch pattern

I really fell in love with this shawl. It contains most of what I like to knit in a shawl garter stitch and a chevron pattern. The pattern is not available till 2020 so there is no way for me to get the pattern now. Also I can only find a buying option on “R.” So I need to ask the following question the garter stitch chevron, anybody know where this stitch pattern exists? I want to try it out before I buy it, and I have gone through all my stitch pattern books and can not find it. Is it just a regular stockinette chevron but done in garter? Is there something special with this stitch that I should know of? Any help gratefully accepted.

Patty

(Mod edit to add link: Endless Summer Shawl, Woolenberry Shawl Collection 2019)

780bb29bb07c4ae678db1356b811f3d5jpg.jpg

What is the name of the pattern? If I can look at a larger image it would be helpful. Often pics on R can be enlarged.

ETA: It does look like a pretty standard lace chevron type pattern. There are tons of variations. You could probably fit one and incorporate it into your own sideways triangle pattern.

The pattern is in a collection called Woolenberry, 2019 Collection specific name of pattern is endless summer.

I have knitted chevron stitch lots of times. Do you want the method?

Ah…yes. Janina Kallio. I have several of her patterns and have knit probably 3 of them. She’s got lovely patterns, but she lost my business when she posted support of the R statement on IG. Interestingly she seems to have removed that post/story. Makes me think some of these designers were feeling a hit when people started checking social media.

@patty Looked at a closeup of the shawl. That’s not knit as a true chevron with increases and decreased forming the shape. It’s simply the placement of the yarn overs in a chevron shape. If you go to the pattern page, click the last picture and then zoom in for a closeup.

ETA: I do think her shawls are beautiful, but I could have easily reverse engineered the ones I’ve knit. Most are just simple and beautiful.

Garter stitch chevron on stitch-maps.com:
https://stitch-maps.com/patterns/?name=garter+stitch+chevron&multiple=&tagsOp=any&contributor=&orderBy=recently+added&showAs=stitch+maps&resultsPerPage=12

I agree with @knitterlady13 , that is not a true chevron. It would go like this:

Multiple of 10 sts plus 1
Row 1 (RS) K1, *k4, yo, ssk, k4; rep from * to end.
Row 2 and all wrong side rows Knit.
Row 3 K1, *k2, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk, k3; rep from * to end.
Row 5 K1, *k1, k2tog, yo, k3, yo, ssk, k2; rep from * to end.
Row 7 K1, *k2tog, yo, k5, yo, ssk, k1; rep from * to end.
Row 9 K2tog, *yo, k7, yo, SK2P; rep from *, end last rep ssk (instead of SK2P).
Row 10 Knit
Rep rows 1–10.

Of course, one can always modify the width and R1 could be k5, yo, ssk, k5 OR k6, yo, ssk, k6 etc etc

I guess she will have a tart response to my inquiry as to where else she sells her patterns. I understand if she doesn’t want to sell me her design and we have a nice conversation about it. I also want to thank you for “this isn’t a true chevron.” I honestly thought it was. I just really fell hard for this shawl. I actually might start to design my own shawls. A new avenue to explore, and a way to use up my yarn! Thank you one and all.

Agree. Do try it. It is lovely.

I hope not. Any designer actually trying to make money should be professional and not use their politics as a weapon. I was on IG yesterday, which is a bit rare for me, so I did some nosing around. I found a few businesses that had posted support for R that have deleted those posts. I’m guessing that there are many people wishing they hadn’t put all of their eggs in one basket.