October 2020 Sock KAL Chat - FALL

Our theme this month is: FALL
Tell us what pattern you used and why it coordinates with Fall.

Color: Orange - for pumpkins!

As always, you can knit any pattern or color you like but you get an extra entry in the prize drawing for using a pattern that goes with the theme and/or using the monthly color.

Chat about the KAL in this thread and post your finished projects in the Finished Thread.

The October prize is this cute pumpkin bag. It’s a small project bag that’s just right for a pair of socks.

298AF197-7AD1-4582-82D5-388C4527841E.png

That bag is adorable!!

Fall is my favorite season and orange is my favorite color!!! Orange is the team color of my alma mater, Oklahoma State University too! I think that’s part of how it became my favorite color, because fall hits, football season begins and we all don our orange hoodies.

I hope you have some orange yarn in your stash!

Oh I definitely do. Lol Although orange usually gets used pretty promptly, I know I’ve got some out there.

What a cute bag! I’m going to attempt some socks for October, it’s been a bit. But I’m not sure if I have any orange sock yarn :frowning:

I don’t have any orange sock yarn so I thought I would dye some with my goal being a spicier orange. The yarn is a darker base and has dark slubs so I’m hoping that will help me to achieve the warmer color I want.

DA466408-F2D7-4B73-83A5-173EB37E242A.jpeg

I have never died yarn but I do have some colors and some yarn that I never use so maybe I’ll give it a try! Thanks for the idea boost!

I don’t have any orange - it’s not really my color - but I have some wool batts that are Jacquard Deep Orange blended with natural gray. What do you think? I’d be pressed to get it spun AND get the socks knit in time.

Edited to include a photo of me spinning this yarn on my mid-1800s flax wheel. I’m taking the challenge! Hubby had his 2nd knee replacement surgery on Monday, came home yesterday, and so I need something to keep my fingers busy while I’m staying close to him. Perfect timing for this challenge.

spinning my orange sock yarn 9-30-20 small.jpg

8b37e0ab826cfb091e22ad942c47c074jpg.jpg

d5549cd9e67ed704ad6d083d6efe955fjpg.jpg

62a96ba7061055951912809bcf587502jpg.jpg

The color looks perfect for fall! If you spin that AND knit socks from it this month, I will sure be impressed! And a bit jealous! Lol

I can’t wait to see how it comes out!

Looks orange from here! I can’t wait to see it when it “grows up”.

I think that color is great. That’s the color I am going for with my dyeing.

My yarn is dyed and it looks good! It’s still wet so I can’t get started yet. I’m going to do a pattern called Toasty Warm Autumn Socks. What does everyone have planned?

I would like to knit some socks with a leafy pattern on them. I have a beautiful solid that would be nice with a pattern. :slight_smile: If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

How about the enterlac socks that I made before only using the leaf pattern that I am using on the sweater I am currently making?

I have often looked at this knit stitch library” for ideas. Here’s a link to their “Leaves” section.

Link

That’s a great resource!

I can’t wait to see progress pics as you work on this big project.

I can’t wait to see it.