November 2021 Knitted FO's

Show off your finished projects completed this month! :fk:[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​

Frattali Shawl by Martina Behm. First photo is on blocking board. Got a little scallop in the center of the shawl where I had to fold it in half to make it fit the board, but no biggie. This shawl is pretty darn big, but I am happy with it.

IMG_20211112_234102359.jpg

IMG_20211127_161335864.jpg

IMG_20211127_161458076.jpg

Stringy Cowl by Kris Basta. Knit this in Malabrigo Arroyo, color VAA. Her patterns never disappoint. This one required seaming, which usually makes a pattern a no-go for me, but really didn’t mind it on this pattern.

IMG_20211127_160739638.jpg

IMG_20211127_161012642.jpg

IMG_20211127_161046054.jpg

Maple Leaf Knit Shawl by Elfmoda. Cross-posted with “November - Leaves” forum. Photos are of the shawl still on the blocking board. This shawl has been on my list for years, and I finally made it. It was a surprisingly fast and easy knit, but I will have to say that I don’t think that the pattern was the best written pattern that I’ve ever used. Still, the glitches were easy enough to figure out and work around. Also, if you don’t like weaving in ends, this may not me a pattern that you’ll enjoy. It took me two evenings to weave in all of the ends - so many ends. Used Malabrigo Sock in color “Botichelli Red”, used about 114 grams - a little over one skein, on a US 6 (4mm) needle.

IMG_20211127_162249343.jpg

IMG_20211127_161925620.jpg

That’s beautiful!

Wow! Very interesting.

Just gorgeous!

Wow!
What yarn and color did you use.

I love this pattern.
The worked in fringe is a great idea. Do you find it bothersome in anyway? Get cause in clothing or irritate the face?

Amazing job. Thank you on the heads up about the pattern. It’s on my to do list as well.

Congratulations on finishing 3 beautiful items this month.

Thank you both. :slight_smile:

@hereami, the yarn is Schoppel Zauber Flower, color Kunterbunt .

Thank you both.

@hereami, I haven’t gotten to wear the cowl yet, but I don’t expect it to give me any problems. The pattern is a free pattern, and if you do a search for it, it should come up. I agree, a worked in fringe is great! It was a first for me, but I’m now a fan! I suppose you could also cut the loops to make it a “regular” fringe. I’ve made several of Kris Basta’s patterns, and they are unerringly well written. Many of them are free, and the ones that aren’t are not expensive patterns. Kris has a group here on Fiberkind called “Gallatin Scarf Lovers”. Have made several of those, and they’re nice.

Thank you, ladies. :wink:

@hereami, don’t let the 18 pages of the pattern intimidate you if you do make it (and that’s not including the charts, which I didn’t need to use). I think that’s part of the reason why it took me so long to make it - I was a bit intimidated by the sheer page count of the pattern. Turned out to be nothing to be intimidated by. I first saw someone wearing this pattern at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival years ago. She had knit it in bare wool, then dyed it in gradients of yellow/orange/red. It was absolutely knock your eyes out stunning!

Hats and things finished in November!

IMG_0836.JPG

IMG_0837 (1).jpg

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0827 (1).JPG

IMG_0792.JPG