New from South Carolina

I am not completely new to forums but it has been several years since I last was on one and it wasn’t a knitting forum. It was dairy goats actually. lol We don’t raise dairy goats anymore but we have a few as pets. We have a small farm so there are cats, chickens and goats on the farm. In the house we have an English Shepherd named Honey and 3 cats. I am an animal lover.

We live in Easley which is between Clemson and Greenville in the upstate of South Carolina. I am married to my best friend Steve and we’ve been together going on 20 years. We have two children, Hannah who is 18 and Matthew who is 15. Matthew is autistic and Hannah just graduated from High School last Spring. What a year to remember graduating in right? I started knitting over ten years ago. I actually started in crochet because I thought my mom might know how but she couldn’t recall so I learned via youtube. I tried several times to learn how to knit and I didn’t get it for quite a while. After about a year and a few attempts I finally did get the hang of it and now I find it’s my go-to. I love to knit. I also occasionally paint, draw, sculpt and garden but knitting is my favorite.

Here’s my last project. It’s the Syncopated Brioche Cowl. It’s my first brioche project. I have a sweater on the needles right now called the Shoreline Textured Cardigan and itching to cast on another. Just so warm so the cool temps will bring more knitting time.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and am very very thankful for a hate free alternative for the knitting community.

SyncopatedBriocheCowl9-2-20.jpg

@Ashley-SGM Welcome, There is a lot going on here so come on in!!

@Ashley-SGM Welcome! We are glad you found us. :slight_smile: If you need anything or need help getting around, let me know. Your brioche is beautiful!!!

Welcome! I love your cowl - brioche is so much fun.

I live in California and I can only use my knitted items about 3 or 4 months out of the year. I keep threatening to move to a colder climate so I can use all of my sweaters.

@Ashley-SGM Welcome to Fiberkind. Your work is beautiful, can’t wait to see more. :fk:

Welcome to Fiberkind! Glad you joined! Your cowl is beautiful!

@Ashley-SGM We are so glad you’ve found us! Without a doubt, this is a friendly place where people are encouraging and kind. We love to see pictures of what you’re working on and that brioche is fabulous, very nice for being your first.

@Ashley-SGM Welcome! I looked up Easley and see it is close to Spartanburg. I have driven through Spartanburg many times on our way to Myrtle Beach. We spent almost every summer vacationing in Myrtle Beach when my kids were at home. They loved going there and wouldn’t consider going anywhere else for vacation.

I’m glad you found Fiberkind. It is a warm and friendly place.

@Ashley-SGM Welcome!! I’m also in SC, I live in Conway just next to Myrtle Beach. Your cowl is stunning and I really look forward to seeing more of your work and getting to know you. Congratulations to Hannah! Our town lined the streets with lawn signs featuring the senior pictures of all of our graduates this year.

Hey Ashley! I’ve followed your advice and joined Fiberkind!

Welcome! Glad you made it. If you have any troubles getting around let me know. :slight_smile:

Welcome @Knitnspinner! I think you’ll find this a friendly place as you make your way through things.

Welcome!

Awesome! :smiley:

Thank you . I’m new to this site so still trying to figure it all out.

It does take awhile to figure out how certain things work here. But so worth it. Welcome!

If you need any help, let me know. We’re all happy to help!

Hey Paula! Fancy meeting you here. :slight_smile:

Welcome @Paulyclut! Do you like to knit socks? We are just starting this month’s KAL and there is a super cute pumpkin project bag as a prize. Join us if you are a sock knitter.

https://fiberkind.com/forum/knitting/sock-knitting/76278-october-2020-sock-kal-chat-fall

Have done a couple pair of socks, but am really a beginner when it comes to socks.