My Anthem Lately, what's yours?

With all the stuff going on, this has been my anthem, doing my best to be kind and pleasant to everyone. I sincerely appreciate all the kindness shown to me since starting this endeavor, thank you all for that.

//youtu.be/gHN-EhL8x3g

My anthem (favorite song) is JJ Jackson, But It’s Alright! I can even make it work for the current situation.

“You don’t know how I,feel, you’ll never know how I feel. When I needed you to come around, you always tried to put me down. Oh but i’m telling you girl, believe me when I say that you are surely surely gonna pay girl, but it’s alright, alright now.”

eta: second is Boston’s Don’t Look Back. That works too

Lead on, @Admin, lead on! You got a lot of folks out here following your footsteps.

Oldies but goodies: [INDENT]Let’s Work Together - Canned Heat, 1969
Get Together - Youngbloods, 1967
:cool:[/INDENT]

Just one more thing that makes you so awesome!!!

I dare say @snickerdoodle may be the envy of all of ladies here. lol;)

Be Different! Be Nice! Just Smile! I promise it’ll change your life! :cool: This has been on repeat for me too.

Kindness begets Kindness :relaxed:

I saw an interview with the Christian actress Candace Cameron-Bure a while back. She has written a book about being kind and when I heard her interview, it inspired me to be more active about being kind. Now when I get aggravated at things in my daily life (people who walk really slow in grocery stores and clog up the aisle!), I remind myself to “Be kind.” I remind myself that maybe they don’t have long legs like me that are still able to move fast. When someone is rude, I tell myself they may have no idea how rude they are. Being rude back accomplishes nothing but being kind to someone might make their day a lot brighter. Trolls on the internet must be really damaged people to behave that way. We should just pray for them.

Have recently made the decision to vacate as much “social media” as I can. Trying to go back to my peaceful life where I did personally favorite things during the day. Filling my hours with as much happiness as possible. Going back to “looking at news once a day” like we did before the internet. I have come to the conclusion that although there are the most wonderful things to find on the internet, it can also be a very dangerous thing to both mental and physical health.

@MaryJ I agree. Although there is so much to “learn” - is it really relevant? And at what cost to our daily lives and interactions with friends and family.

Yup, I was diagnosed with a fairly significant chronic illness a couple years ago. I spent 2 weeks immersing myself in all research and forums I could to learn everything I could. I started getting anxiety, I couldn’t focus it was all I could think about. People in a lot of the “support” groups were so incredibly negative that it was just stressful. I muted all the groups, I would check them once every couple days and try to uplift a new member but otherwise I left it alone. I went back to my life, got back on to living, my anxiety went away and I was back to living like normal.

It’s amazing how delving into the depressing places can have such an immediate and profound impact. It can be reversed by just avoiding those places nearly as quickly as it started.

@Admin - like you, I was diagnosed with an illness a while ago and spent the next six months reading EVERYTHING about it and obsessing about it and worrying about it. It became too much. I finally decided on a short list of all the best ideas from what I had read and then just lived as healthily as I could. The stress and anxiety went down immediately. I don’t know what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds tomorrow.

smiley.jpg

Hadn’t heard of the song, but the video brings back fond memories of the roller skating rink!!! :cool:

I Just Want To Celebrate (another day of Living) by Rare Earth - my go-to anthem. Some of my favorite feel good anthems are instrumentals - Jessica by the Allman Brothers, Joy by Apollo 100 - Yep, all of them Oldiesl :slight_smile:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9aCAneCSPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mq2NohrRJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRDivUb5EeA

Love them both especially the second one!

Mine is You Say by Lauren Daigle - love her sound.

@annekepoot - There’s a quality in Lauren Daigle’s voice that reminds me of Adele.

//youtu.be/bl5TUw7sUBs

This is much less “anthem” and more "it’s been a week and I still can’t get this song out of my head please stahpppppppp. :wink:

You don’t know how I,feel, you’ll never know how I feel. When I needed you to come around, you always tried to put me down. Oh but i’m telling you girl, believe me when I say that you are surely surely gonna pay girl, but it’s alright, alright now.