Motivation Station

Well said, @Zibeline ! :slight_smile:

Another unsung hero source for hot colors is Lion Brand. Located in NYC, they have their finger on the pulse of color. A few times a year they come out with an email on seasonal colors and I have found them to be on target.

Yeah, it will eventually pass. Maybe set a goal to finish the baby things and find opportunities to wear your knits so you can feel connected to your craft and be reminded of the projects you lived creating.

@Zibeline Thankyou for the advice on finding the info about new colors and styles for the season.

I have had a similar slump this summer. A family member asked me about it and she suggested that it might be because of the conflict around knitting. I often use knitting as a productive way to calm and center myself, but this year there has been so much conflict around knitting that that has interfered with the calming aspect of knitting.
I do not like unresolved conflict and avoid it at all cost so consider that might be part of your problem. That being said I have picked up my needles recently and think I might be getting past that. hopefully you will rediscover the joy of knitting.

I hope you’re enjoying knitting again.

Yes, I think that was part of the problem - morning routine was emails, FB, R and then newsfeed. Feeling a little discombobulated. But it might have been a bit of burnout as well - socks after socks after socks, and then a misfortunate shawl - felt a bit defeated (“I can’t do ANYTHING right!”) I think I only needed a change in crafts - finished my 70 kit bags and ready to tackle something else - maybe not knitting, but something crafty. I’m sure I’ll come back to it - I still have stash to knit up - SABLE.

@hereami - I like to have an idea of what’s in style for the upcoming season too. I look online at store websites. I visit a few - expensive, trendy, youthful. Then I wonder how out of style I’m going to be because I refuse to wear the latest styles! I refuse to wear the skin tight, shorter than ankle length pants during a Chicago winter. These pants may look cute with ballet flats and no socks but they wouldn’t look good with my nice, thick wool socks and insulated boots in a size 11!

@susanwayne - I enjoyed your ironing story. When we were younger and I was home with a baby, I wanted to save money so I told my husband I would iron and starch his work shirts. One morning he was getting ready for work and he woke me up asking where his shirts were. I said, “In the to-iron pile.” He said, “All of them?” I had to admit that the answer was yes. He ironed his own shirt, grabbed the whole pile and told me I was officially relieved of that duty. He dropped them all off at the cleaners. I was so happy.

@annekepoot You’re right. It will come back. I’ve been in knitting slumps. I just ignore it and carry on doing other things. It shouldn’t preclude you from conversing on here, tho. There are beginning to be more groups with other focuses. I just joined the new gardening group, one of my other passions.

@lovestostitch Liked your story as well! Did you have that planned all along? Smart gal… :}