May 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts Only - No Chat

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Sock KAL Chat thread.

We have a prize drawing at the end of each month. The prize winner is selected by random number generator and each entry is a chance to win the prize. You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a seperate post for each entry. You may post the following entries: [LIST=1]

• Picture of the first finished sock (or two through the heels). Any socks started this month count.
  • Picture of a completed pair. Any socks completed this month count. Socks started before the beginning of the month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
  • Picture of a finished pair that uses a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
  • Picture of a finished pair that uses the featured color. In this post, include a picture of your scraps before you start your socks. [/LIST] Theme: Mother's Day! You qualify for the theme if you make a pair of socks for your mom or a loved one who is a mom. Color: Your loved one's favorite color or if they are for you - your favorite color.

Our prize for this month is a 100 gm skein of Head Over Heels All Stars yarn, a 75% wool, 25% nylon blend.

F7F3EA0F-0A1D-4300-B3EF-4C08886E8119.jpeg

• 2 socks finished through the heels. Yarn is KP Felici, “Chelsea”.

666062E7-3894-46BA-A6D8-B6166FE681DA.jpeg

so pretty!

Very nice yarn/ stitch combo.

First sock.

BDF30257-F3B6-452E-BCAD-40C9546EA62A.jpeg

Finished pair. I was still in a scrappy, helical mood so I used up three more colors of leftovers. These are 6 ply so they knit up fast.

6ADD4D51-D633-4EC1-927B-02F89F9BA3D6.jpeg

My favorite color is any shade of pink. There are lots of different shades of pink in these. I used one solid pink and a self striping that has brown, peach, orange, hot pink and burgundy. I also had a tonal blue.

6ADD4D51-D633-4EC1-927B-02F89F9BA3D6.jpeg

That lace pattern looks very fresh overlaid on the Felici.

The colors worked great together!

These were April socks but I didn’t finish them until May. Not sure I’ll get another pair finished since my knitting time right now pretty much has to be devoted to my test knit. I fell behind on it so now I’m scrambling to get it done on time.

IMG_20210505_215252~2.jpg

I love these colors together.

Woot! They look great!

Finished these today, I have a couple more pair on needles, but lately I have a few bigger WIP’s I’m trying to get done.

EA0E4D58-0B29-4EF0-B83C-0A6691D88982.jpeg

The toe on the right one makes me think of a sock monkey. My brain works in weird ways lately… I used to have a pattern for sock monkey socks… Need to find it!
    They came out very pretty.

Nice use of 'leftovers."

These are coming along fabulously.

Cute!

That was fast!

I love that none of the helical socks look like they were made with leftover bits of yarn.

These are so happy looking.