May 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Socks Only Please!

Clown barf socks finished through the heel. They will be shorties, so I should have them finished tomorrow.

IMG_20200518_170237502.jpg

I really do like that colorway.

I forgot about Clown Barf. I think I get an extra entry for clown barf too?

http://prairie-girl-knits.blogspot.com/2012/10/follow-leader-socks.html?m=1

That’s the link to the original pattern. It is cuff down with a heel flap and she makes them even shorter than mine. Almost no-show style. Really cute and well written.

@knitter131 OMG seriously?! Y’all did great!! I have a couple of skeins of white Heritage AND I’m in the process of learning to dye my own and i just bought the Neon food dye. I also got the classic colors set. Oh now I’m excited. Granddaughter Ryley is coming Wednesday and we’re going to try dying our first skein (or two…) I have one undyed skein but I pulled some light beige skeins that are 100% wool that I thought we might overdye whole waiting for more undyed to be shipped. I didn’t even think about the white Heritage!

Thanks, @KnitsWithHorses - actually the heritage yarn was a cream color, but it looks white in the picture.

That’s actually encouraging @knitter131 as I was worried about how well overdying the beige would work. Fingers crossed! Anyway, it will all be good practice and fun for Ryley. :relaxed:

I can’t wait to see your results.

I will. Where would be the best place to share something like that?

@KnitsWithHorses - anywhere you want. We do have a community events section where we have a mish mash of crafting going on, there is a fiber section, we have a dying group here where you can also get tips and tricks:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorized/dyer-s-gone-wild

@Char Thanks. :relaxed:

I redid the first sock to make it smaller and tighter gauge. I also remeasured the yarn trying to get them to turn out the same. What I learned is that my digital scale doesn’t go to small enough increments so I still didn’t get it equally divided and I had to switch to solid green before I really wanted to.

This post will count as my wacky post.

563E8C6F-5F30-444C-A151-31FBD0AB18F5.jpeg

Are my socks colorful enough for clown barf?

Yes! :slight_smile:

Yay! :slight_smile:

Submitting my finished Möbius Madness socks! These were the wackiest socks I’ve knitted thus far and I love them, LOL.
Thank you!

8e909bc64e48c64546a84d1b3b5d568bjpg.jpg

Wonderful!!!

Feel free to post two new posts for additional entries :-). One for each completed sock!

lovely, DD4!