May 2020 FO's

The 3rd Fiberkind Bag Lady tote is complete!

Bag Lady #3.jpg

Very nice! Love the colors!

I finished my granny lapgan a couple of days ago. I posted it elsewhere, but I forgot to being it here as well. It’s DK weight, quite thick and heavy.

IMG_20200518_153957810.jpg

Bought the hook and yarn at my Babetta’s Yarn shop here near Sacramento. It is the Butterfly Shawl pattern by FiberSpider. The Butterfly pin belonged to my mom. The original plan was to also use the purples…but I decided not to do that. Any suggestions for the purples?
Here is the link to his YouTube channel in case anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ28IN2v-jv1Rek272MdXag

Resized_20200511_102519.jpeg

Resized_20200520_095257.jpeg

Looks lovely!!! The three colors (grays and purples) look fabulous together. Maybe a tri color shawl?

The shawl and pin are gorgeous. I’m with Char, another shawl from a different pattern maybe - using those three colors would be perfect. They really do go nicely together. (That hook is pretty sweet too!)

Thank you.
I wasn’t clear…I only have the purples left. The ‘gray’ everyone is seeing is actually a beautiful green.
My original thought was a butterfly shawl in the colors of my mom’s wisteria. After I used the two skeins of green I grew tired and decided I didn’t want my butterflies to be three colors.

I do plan on going to purchase another hook in a different size. Not only was it fun and cute…but I loved working with it. They made them in store and I am trying to purchase things she has created.

I do like the idea of the purples becoming another shawl or wrap.
Yesterday I searched for summer t-shirt patterns. I discovered that I don’t have enough yarn for that, unless I am going for more of a purple bandage kind of look. I haven’t gone that crazy during this quarantine…yet. :O) Who knows…give me a few more weeks of this and I may decide that all the cuddly shaped women my age are wearing tiny purple bandage like tops and I should make one to be in trend. lol

(I didn’t mean to offend… if you are a cuddly woman my age and love bandage like tops…You Go Girl! )

LOL! I’m picturing the purple bandages.

I love that; the colours are perfect, and so is the stitch work.

I am beyond cuddly, bandages for me would take half the LYS stash. I don’t know how anyone can wear close fitting clobber in hot weather - I’m usually wearing a t-shirt I got in a sale at Mr Big and Tall (my son is 6’4" with size 13 feet so we used to shop there a lot - his waist is 36", damn him!) that is actually 3 sizes too big and comes to my knees.

I’ve spent most of May on this floor cushion. Apart from the odd amigurumi.

2f1589c6d4bcec167bb766107c9882f2jpg.jpg

236a651b5b7385d0f499e4529fab6356jpg.jpg

Love your cushion! The colors are great!

Looks great! :slight_smile: What did you stuff it with?

One of my sons is 6’3" with size 15 feet. My own size 11’s look petite next to him, lol.

Probably my last FO for May. A summer tee made with Zitron Polo (Cotton/Acrylic) using my own pattern. Original color was #400 Purple/Pink. Dyed with Rit Dyemore Royal Purple & Sapphire Blue. Used size I hook & 1,027 yards. Linen stitch with ESC.

Collage 2020-05-25 18_55_41.jpg

Love the transformation!!!

Thanks @Char!

Looks great! You did an awesome job in dyeing your tee!

Thanks @Kathy7661!

I have too many WIPs not to have finished one thing! I made a basket from the Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts Lacy Crochet traveling treasure book to go with Grand2’s blanket:

And something to hang on the empty painted nail in my “other” daughter (daughters BFF) bathroom:

Back to the squares…

20200528_192604.jpg

20200528_191915.jpg