Kevlar yarn?

I wonder if anybody knows what could be made with kevlar yarn. How does it feel?
The one thing I can think of is potholders! Is it soft to wear in knitted item?

I haven’t heard about kevlar yarn before now, so I don’t know anything about it. My hubby has a watch band made from kevlar, and it’s light and strong, so those may be characteristics which the yarn has, too, although I’m not sure what you would knit with it.
I’m going to look into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I have never actually tried knitting with Kevlar, but, allowing that it is used for anti-stab vests and the like, I imagine it would be like wearing armour, or at least chain mail - not very comfortable. I did find a site, ChemKnits, that has suggestions (you have to scroll down to the the comments section) for everything from indestructible shopping bags to bullet-proof vests for tiny knitted creatures. I now have this mental image of baaad teddy bears with bullet-proof vests and rather sinister-looking sunglasses!

I did some checking and it’s used for industrial knitting, etc. Fire-resistant and cut-resistant clothing, military clothing, etc.
Probably the best way to utilise it for hand-knitting, would be to blend it with other fibres, but I don’t think there would be too many projects which would need it.

That last sentence…lol