June 2021 Chatter

Lovely.
A log cabin pattern has been on my to do list for a long time. Glad you got to yours.

Do you think it will end up being a lap quilt or a bed size quilt? You sew fast, I bet it will be finished in time for the upcoming Fourth of July celebrations.

Happy Anniversary!!
Hope you are able to celebrate in just the way you are hoping to.

WOW! @Sommerfugl

Amazing work.
Fantastic colors.

Did I already tell you all…
I am now officially retired as a home-school mom. (25years) My baby has finished high-school and was able to get a job immediately at a coffee shop, locally.

Soon I will start cleaning and reorganizing my house. Then think about what kind of paying job I would like to get. I haven’t had a paying job in about 28 years.

As for my crafting… I have not been productive lately. So lots of Wips to talk about.

:DWip Wednesday.
Here is what I have available to work on.

1. Knitted quilt style lap blanket (k)
  2. My ‘water mellon’ colored shawl (k)
  3. A wool cowl (k)
  4. Connecting my Tunisian squares from last year into a lap blanket (c)

I am sure there are a few more things I could add. (I will probably find them when I do a deep clean of my craft area)

Congratulations on your retirement from home-schooling. Good luck with your paying job search. Only 4 Wip’s??

our boat was successfully transferred from winter storage to our home harbour, which is on an island, which is part of the Finnish Fortress

it was cold - some 5-10*C (40-50F) with a biting wind of 10m/s - I can’t imagine why some people want their boats at sea in early April

793d47430faed75fe94fe97bcb012ef4jpg.jpg

Beautiful and congratulations on getting it ready and in the home harbour. I agree, the colder temperatures with the wind can be nasty.

Thanks @hereami, @lovestostitch, @Pegg Thomas LOL, ours was a few years ago as well but not as many as some of our friends here (I can’t wait to say it has been that long).

Yes, we are ordering dinner (take out) from a local restaurant because this state is not fully open.

Lovely! Both of them.

Thank you all! @Char, @Woolfan, @lovestostitch, @knitter131, @DJM, @hereami and @Pegg Thomas .
The red yarn is loops & threads woolike, it is a nice red, not quite a true red though, it leans a little to the pink side.

For the fiber. I’m thinking I will probably leave it as a single. I’m hoping to get a nice lace or light fingering weight. I have 150 grams here.

Thank you all :slight_smile: :fk:

@hereami - I am hoping to have it done here shortly (end of June?) as this is for a firefighter who is retiring after decades of wonderful service. :slight_smile:

It is going quick, that is for sure. :). I’m enjoying the process. I’m aiming for “keep warm in a chair” size.

Congratulations on retirement!! :slight_smile:

Looks wonderful….

Congratulations on retiring from teaching. What would you like to do next?

Congratulations to you for managing the move. Will you be spending most of the summer on the boat?

@Sommerfugl, really looking forward to seeing your fiber spun up - bet it will be luscious! Love the colors, and it will be beautiful as a lace weight, or light fingering yarn!

@lovestostitch - we’re only on our boat when we’re out at sea (although sometimes we do go there just to have coffee) - with my husband’s broken arm it will most likely be another 4-5 weeks before we get our sails up - however, he may want to go out sooner with the motor

we were just at the ER for a check-up and his arm is healing nicely

Good morning all! I hope this finds you well.

So - I did a thing yesterday. We are three hours from one of the largest fabric warehouses in the world. I’m saying the size was easily 4 times the size of a super Joann’s. Shelves and shelves as far as the eye could see.

They have a “wholesale” side where they have bundles and bolts.

On the retail side we he fun shopping for the crafting days at Town Hall. I’ve offered to teach folks how to sew / quilt. We’ll start with pillow cases, end with a lap quilt and it’ll take however long it takes. :). We plan to meet the second Saturday of every month.

And then there was this thing that happened. So - I know they sell these potpourri boxes - it’s end of bolt, or pieces that they can’t sell for whatever reason. They all get put into a box, sealed up and sold by the pound. When I arrived I asked about these boxes because I would have liked to bring some for these classes. They didn’t have any. Ok, no worries.

Then we saw the owner, and ran into him several times and said hello. As we were at the counter cutting this fabric (nearly done at this point) we struck up a conversation. Where are you from, did you find everything…. I smiled and said oh yes, and then some. But I was saddened there were no potpourri boxes. He got on the phone, cancelled the order that had four of them, and brought me a sample. I bought two…. This is what was in one of the boxes. Today we’ll fold the other box.

I wouldn’t have bought the yardage had they brought this out first, but…. So it goes. :slight_smile:

I think I have plenty to make some kits for teaching folks. Lol

31FECF9D-6A50-4C2D-8236-7937E9F27A2D.jpeg

647A6FAE-79CC-48B8-88F7-4E74F818BAEF.jpeg

B2A05928-1317-405E-8091-DF1C2CF1AE43.jpeg

Wow, look at all that beautiful fabric.

You guys are so nice. Thank you for your encouragement.
@K2-Tog you are so funny. So far this week I have followed your advice…the craft area is still a mess. lol.
@lovestostitch I really do not know what I want to do. For now I know what I need to do.
Transport new graduate to and from work and take care of me. I have not made myself a priority in a long time. Which means…several things need urgent attention. I don’t really want to pay someone to poke and prod and take my blood. But, it is time.

I do need to think of something to ‘do’ and get paid for soon. I figure after the house is clean and reorganized I am going to be bored, and talking to my dog way too much. lol.