June 2020 Chatter ☀️

Here is a thread for June 2020 Chatter. Here in the northern hemisphere we are getting into our Summer season, hoping our friends in the summer season have a warm winter. I’m thinking I need to go pick some fresh strawberries. I think our local orchard should have fresh berries this week. Maybe I’ll make some freezer jam. :slight_smile:

I hope this all finds you safe and well! Craft on!

Does anyone have birthdays this month? Please let me know (here or PM) as I would like to recognize your special day. :fk:

My mom used to take us strawberry picking at a popular local farm. We’d go very early in the morning, before the heat of the day. Then we’d spend the rest of the day cleaning and cutting the berries (and sampling a few), to help prepare them as she made the sweet and fragrant sure-jell freezer jam.

As a mom myself, we did that maybe twice. I found my family loves the jam, but actually prefers the berries in their natural state. Which is great… less work for me, less sugar for all… still great berry-picking memories… at the same you-pick farm!
:slight_smile:

[SIZE=14px]Good morning all. Welcome to Meteorological Summer! We grew up with grapevines surrounding the front and side of our yard. We had gorgeous fat blue grapes that we made into grape jelly. Boy do I miss those grapes. We started off the day in the low 30’s but with sunshine. Have a wonderful crafty week and month.[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“https://fiberkind.com/core/images/smilies/fk2.png”}[/IMG2][/SIZE]

Ohhh - must have smelled wonderful during the right times of the year. :slight_smile:

Oh - FiberKind turns 1 this month!!! :slight_smile:

Happy Birthday, FiberKind!
:slight_smile:

We have gone from winter straight into summer, it’s hard to believe that just a week ago we had snow on the ground! On Thursday I was able to get about 3 acres of grass mowed. It was nice to get out and do something but the next day I regretted all the bouncing around and also being out in the tree pollen. We have at least 250 pine trees on our property and they are all spitting heavy clouds of yellow pollen, I can’t hardly breath let alone smell any flowers blooming. Now I’m already missing that snow!

The yard did smell awesome!!

Many happy returns, Fiberkind!

We used to go picking blackberries for jam, until we got a car and could go further afield for bilberries. Now I grow my own plums and raspberries, and they fruit so heavily I end up giving away pounds of it. In return I have a friend who makes amazing plum chutney, another who does raspberry wine, and one who does jam with both. All I have to do is pick it!

All the same, it’s too hot for me already. With the lockdown it feels stifling, when it probably is no worse than last year. But last year I could go out with my kids to places like Trentham Gardens and Westport Lake, and enjoy the open air. Now I can’t even meet my son for our weekly chat; we haven’t met face to face in months. Never mind, at least none of us have been even slightly ill…

I am not sure where you are but I think after all these riots the lock downs should be done away with or they’ll get worse.

Oh my you are making my mouth water with all your fruit. Stay safe, hopefully you will soon be able to get your weekly visits with your son.

I do hope you are able to get out soon. The porch visits I’ve had have really been uplifting. I understand what you mean about missing family.

I’m in the UK, Stoke on Trent to be exact; I didn’t think the lockdown was the right way to go but I’ve stuck to it. I just hope they lift it soon.

I just finished these two scarves last night. They will be for Christmas Gifts. Yes, I am starting early this year, as I have quite a list of things I’d like to make for family and friends.

Today it will get up to 90°, so I’m guessing we will be relaxing in the air conditioning. Have a great day!

IMG_20200602_072241550.jpg

These are beautiful, you’ll be keeping family and friends warm next winter.

Jusy started this simple garter stitch shawl this morning. I’m anxious to see how this yarn works up. I’m using a Lion Brand Pattern made for this yarn, called “Easy Shaped Shawl”

IMG_20200602_104725974.jpg

Beautiful scarves.

Oh, thanks for reminding me about Christmas. It’s only six months away, people! Time to get organized.

Good morning - just in case you missed it, I’m hoping folks will join me in making pieces to assemble a blanket for FiberKind’s first birthday. :slight_smile:

FiberKind’s First Birthday