July 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

Finished!

76178798-AC4D-4DF4-84FF-7450D5028869.jpeg

Featured theme.

Featured color.

All the boxes are checked and you won at yarn chicken. I really like the beads.

Very nice!!! I really like the beads, too!

I love the way they came out!!

These remind me of WonderWoman!
:slight_smile:
No doubt you exhibit superpowers when you wear these.
:slight_smile:

I had to start the second sock and take turns knitting them to make sure I didn’t run out of one of the colors. I haven’t done beads in awhile and I used one of the Oral-B superflossers to put them in. I had read that tip ages ago and had bought some but this was my first time to try it. It worked but it was fiddly.

@lovestostitch, superfloss is a great tip, thanks. I put some beads on a heritage blanket and apparently they’ve come loose in the same spot a second time. I will get some and give your suggestion a go.

And, I appreciate your approach to ensure you won.

@pinesprairie - You don’t use the floss to secure the beads. The superflosser has a coated section and a tail. You load the tail with your beads. You use the coated section to go through your stitch, pull it off your needle tip, put the end of the flosser together with the tail and slide your bead onto the stitch. The stitch then goes back on your needle and you knit the stitch. The bead is captured in there.

Oooooh, I understand now, thank you. I’ll think of something.

The are fabulous! I think @qfknit may be right about the superpower thing. :wink:

I haven’t done a lot of beading but I also do the superfloss thing. It is time consuming but maybe will go faster if I practice more.

@pinesprairie There are Youtube videos of using the floss to attach beads.

@lovestostitch & @FreedomLover, I watched a video and while a slick technique, it won’t help me with my problem as my beads are secured to the top of the fabric rather than being a part of. I’ve attached the beads using 4ply 100% cotton twice but that section must be right where the feet stress the blanket when it’s tucked underneath the feet. All of the other beaded sections remain intact without issues.

It appears that I need something with strength yet a bit of stretch. I am considering 60lb fishing line as I already have that or stretchy cord used for jewelry but am wondering if that may have too much stretch. I thought the fuzzy part of the floss might have both so got excited with another potential alternative.

I’ll keep trying until I find something that works but any other ideas would be welcome!

I would be worried that fishing line would cut the yarn. What type of fiber is the yarn? I can’t understand why the cotton thread isn’t holding. Is it actually breaking? I think I would try regular, all purpose thread. It is polyester. I would also use two strands.

ETA: Just reread that you said cotton 4 ply. I guess you mean yarn. Did you knot the ends or weave them in? I could see where weaving might cause it to wiggle loose.

@lovestostitch, love those socks!

Here is my first finished sock of the month.

0c7785347ddc4c73a716a00a8f8965cejpg.jpg

I love the colors! :slight_smile:

I love it, what type of heel did you knit?

@FreedomLover, this one is an E of P heel flap. I was following the Yarn Harlot’s tutorial for a good vanilla sock in any size on her Patreon page. Recently I’ve been loving the garter stitch Fish Lips Kiss heel for socks.

I’ll have to look that up.