January 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

The colors are perfect and that is a nice looking pair of socks!

Love them!

Beautiful colors in your view! I love shrubs that turn red for winter.

very nice!

Finally got my socks done! There is nothing - nothing! - more boring than knitting white stockinette stitch. But I like how they turned out and I think they go with my photo. :slight_smile: Pattern is Pine Tree Socks https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pine-tree-socks-4 and not the easiest to read that I’ve ever used.

Spruce Tree socks1 1-22-21.jpg

Spruce Tree socks2 1-22-21.jpg

Pre-Christmas snow 12-13-20 3.jpg

I don’t think these are boring at all. They are gorgeous! Love the trees :slight_smile: so pretty!

I agree those are gorgeous! So pretty!

I love the trees too, but that distance between the toe trees and the heel was bone numbingly boring.

You are right there, straight knit stitch over and over is definitely mind-numbing!

I can hear in my head “pretty little trees” :slight_smile:

Super pretty!

Great socks to coordinate with your view.

These are beautiful!! They’d go so well with a mitts pattern that was given out free during a, what you call it when several yarn shops have an event where you go from one to another, in Seattle a year or so ago!

These are my leaf socks, which I finished a couple days ago. I started in Sept or Oct of '20 intending to enter them in a Fall Sock KAL on Instagram but never got around to it. I used a cowl pattern which isn’t worked in the round. When I got to the “wrong” side, I knit the knits and purled the purls. The yarn is, I think Wool2Dye4 and I dyed it in tea. The back of the leg is worked in k2p2 rib like the top of the sock. I knit these toe up with a reinforced toe, along with a reinforced heel, not shown.

D914A519-80DA-4A9D-89DC-3CA2149FAA44.jpeg

Not sure what they call it for yarn, but for beer, it’s called a “pub crawl.” :wink:

Around here it is a Yarn Crawl! They are fun. I did one in MAryland a few years ago, and it was so much fun! My DD 2 lives there and the crawl coincided with our last weekend while we were there for granddaughter’s birth. I spent 6 weeks helping out – preemie, sick mom, and baby who only slept while being held!! I ended up shipping about 4 boxes of yarn home :slight_smile:

I’m having a rough week. I have some autoimmune issues that sometimes catch up with me. I had finished my contest socks and hadn’t started a new project, so I grabbed my bag of scraps and knitted another pair of socks. I didn’t have any plan in mind, I just started knitting. This is the result. Not the most attractive pair in my drawer, but they are kind of fun. :slight_smile: And I used up 5 little balls of yarn. I hate wasting good handspun wool!

scrap socks1 1-29-21.jpg

scrap socks 1-28-21.jpg

scrap socks2 1-29-21.jpg

i think they look very nice! I love using up scraps ! :slight_smile:

I love those! They are my favorite colors and I think they work well together. I have Lupus, so I understand about autoimmune sometimes catching up and kicking your butt. Hope you get feeling better soon!

Oh no not you too! My AI issues have been worse this year than they have been since about 2002. Thank goodness for knitting during those times though. As for the scrappy socks, I love 'em!