January 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Chat thread.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries: [LIST=1]

• For the first sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count
  • For a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
  • For using a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
  • For using the featured color. [/LIST] Our theme for this month: What do you see outside your window? For your theme picture, include a picture looking out your window and tell us how your view inspired your pattern choice.

Our color this month: Any color you see outside your window.

The prize for this month is a skein of fingering weight yarn spun by one of our members - @Pegg Thomas Thank you Pegg!

1691278A-5837-4545-90B7-9E665DA6ABE4.jpeg

• I finally finished last month’s socks,

F7498213-2467-4EF6-BF0C-C5F2322F94D9.jpeg

So cute! I love the colors!

I like the stitch pattern in the leg. Is that a mock cable?

Thanks! @Pegg Thomas yes, a mock cable. I like to use a k3, P2 rib. Sl1, K2, PSSO two knit sts. Then next row K1, YO, K1 to add the stitch back in.

Finished up a pair last night. I’ll be gifting these to one of my sisters who loves the color sapphire blue.

37BC7327-6A1F-4705-8941-4B5D9D81DC8E.jpeg

Wow! Those are really pretty.

Beautiful!

Wow! Those are really pretty.

Is this self striping yarn or did you do it? I love the way it turned out.

Finished through the heels.

20210112_123541.jpg

That is really pretty yarn.

Love all that texturing.

They are helical knit, no self striping. The sapphire blue is used throughout and I alternated the light blue and the speckled every 20 rounds. I wish I had pre-planned for the afterthought heel placement so that it was more centered in the stripe, but oh well.

I really like that colorway and how it’s working out with that pattern. Beautiful.

These are awesome.

I think what you did is great.

Finished pair!

20210114_135024.jpg

One for theme.

20210101_102534.jpg

20210114_135024.jpg

The colors are perfect and I really-really like that textured stitch. You may need to share. :slight_smile: