January 2021 Chatter

That’s cute. See, scrappy is fashionable.

I had made these Sympathy cards to have on hand. An older friend of my husband passed away and he asked if I had a card. I gave him this and he said it was too depressing. Hmm? I guess I was going for somber, thinking festive wasn’t the right look. Do you think a black, white and gray card is too depressing for a sympathy card? How colorful should a sympathy card be?

ETA: I offered Hubby this one from my collection. He said it reminded him of weeds growing in a cemetery.

Good grief! Then I said, “If you’re looking for cheerful, go with this one.”

He chose this one. I stamped “With Deepest Sympathy” on the inside.

Time to make some new sympathy cards to have on hand.

25D23262-09B9-4A67-BC24-0F3EB7D43A24.jpeg

2B5312DC-A0E2-485E-8DC3-66D8E124A4BB.jpeg

E68D1B66-6F32-4FBA-8D81-D295BD9B7A09.jpeg

69968771-E33C-4713-896C-C43A1040389C.jpeg

I believe this depends upon:

• the person who died,
  • the giver of the card,
  • the relationship of the giver of the card with the person who died,
  • the relationship of the giver of the card with those who open the card and receive the condolences,
  • the relationship of the person who died with those who open the card from the giver.

In my own observation and experience, often something referring to happy memories is appreciated.

@qfknit Well said!!

Hey y’all. There are a couple of new topics in the off topic area. If anyone is now or is thinking about becoming vegetarian or “whole food plant based” we have a chat/ support group I set up. Making that change 7 years ago literally gave me my life back so I’m pretty passionate about it. Whether you just have questions about it or you need recipes or just a listening ear during those times when your family and friends just don’t understand why you won’t eat this or that, we’re here.
@dapncat started the other one and no matter what approach you are using to get healthier, chances are good that part of it is moving your body more this coming year. Personally, I want to get back to swimming and yoga but even if those places get locked down I can always walk! I may have to start with 15 minutes at a time but that’s okay! Whatever fitness activity is in your plans and whatever level you’re at, if you want some support and/ or accountability then join us!

I personally like your cards, but I think adding a little color to them would be good too. Perhaps use a marker to color in some of the circles on the background, or changing out the scalloped circle with a colored circle. But I really do like your overall design. :slight_smile:

I am so excited and I knew you all would appreciate this! Any errors I found I was able to rip out a few rows and successfully keep going. I owe a lot of my success to this wonderful platform. You’re all so helpful and nice it makes a huge difference. My end corner got a little pointy I’m not sure what happened I followed a video and I had the right amount of stitches and rows at the end but I’m okay with it.

145b33bbb0b99dc6e432d4cb6260a626jpg.jpg

This looks great!

Yay! Looks great!

Well done!! I love the colors…

@MrsDanielleWilson

Good Job!! Goal accomplished!! Woo Hoo.
I also love the colors.

She is knitting!!! Woot woot!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks all! I’ve got another one started already.

@MrsDanielleWilson - Your square looks great!

The final corner can become pointy or elongated because of the weight of the project being suspended from ever fewer stitches. Gravity takes its toll.

TIP:

1. As you near the final corner, do not let the project dangle from your needles, but rest the project on your lap or a table as you knit.
  2. At the end of the row, when you are ready to turn your work, gently gather the knitted project in one hand and turn it over… do not let it the project hang from the needle as you transfer the needle to your other hand.

:slight_smile:

@qfknit oh I didn’t know that thank you so much I appreciate the tip!

@MrsDanielleWilson - you’re welcome!
Happy Knitting!
:slight_smile:

Good morning and happy Friday! How are you doing?

My busy season is in full force, but much less stress than in prior years, thank goodness.

I’m hoping to finish my blue placemat set today. :). Maybe I’ll have them finished to
show during our zoom meet.

They sound so pretty!!

Good morning! For my Finished Friday, I have a light green cowl using a simple seed stitch, and a small Crochet mandala. Both were fun projects. I’ve also used most of my sock leftovers to make two charity scarves - these were a real stashbuster!

A4CBC513-4AED-40A9-86C9-3345F5E38E59.jpeg

74A4A4E5-0A57-4F51-9C75-19FE9A58C2D4.jpeg

So cute and the beads add a nice touch!!