January 2021 Chatter

The New Year is upon us, as is winter, the holidays are behind us, and we are all trying to ward off the winter blues.

Here is a place to share whatever you would like. We gather to bring up one another, laugh together, and craft together. :slight_smile:

Happy New Year. May yours be happy, healthy, and generally a much better year than the last.

I originally posted this in Forums > Off Topic… and will share again here!

[SIZE=48px]Happy New Year! [/SIZE]

See what happens when a bubble freezes…
watch the delicate, intricate patterns of frost forming!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1344634634576007170
Enjoy!

I’ll also share that the frost reminds me a bit of leaf lace…
great FREE patterns for a leaf lace scarf and hat… HERE in Groups > Free Patterns.

Very kewl! thanks for sharing that link!

Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year dear!!! :fk:

If anyone is interested in joining me in a Crazy (or not) Scrappy Stash Sweater Make-A-Long , let me know. I could start a dedicated thread. I cast-on my 1st scrappy sweater on Friday.

I’m hoping to do one but I’m still in early “doing the math” stages.

Oh my, just thinking about a “scrappy sweater” scares me @PurlgirlButtons. I have to SUPER plan everything (I even swatch, mostly anyway), but I have always thought Kaffe Fasset’s designs would be a wonderful way to use up leftovers. I’m not as brave as you, but I sure will enjoy watching all the projects as people post them!!!

I just had a wonderful FaceTime visit with a friend of mine. She is new to sewing and recently found a good deal on a machine. I helped her step by step go through making her first “Star” block. She was so thrilled when she was done. :slight_smile:

She is looking forward to another virtual gathering later this week… maybe I can get her to join the virtual yarnies … lol

I hope you all had a marvelous day!!

It is Monday. Kids are back to school today (remotely for two weeks) and my “year end” starts today. My last two weeks were really low key, so I’ll have to pick up the pace.

How are you all doing?

That would be fun.

Good morning! The start of another tax season starts today. So much to do for year end along with some catch up work. If you don’t see me for a few days, come find me please! I could be drowning in data!

@PurlgirlButtons @KnitsWithHorses @EllenDeKnitter did you all see this pattern that @Cablegrrl posted in the Free Patterns group?

That’s adorable! Thanks @FreedomLover!

That would be great for my Pine Ridge box!

Will do!!! I think we accountants need to set up a spring camping get together… :slight_smile:

That would be awesome! I’m sure I’ll be so ready for some down time by then. I just came up for air. Still need to eat lunch too.

Yes it would definitely be fun, and due. :slight_smile:

Yayyy! I’m glad you like it!

@EllenDeKnitter, I get that. I am winging it a little bit. I did a swatch and it lied to me, and I had to frog and start over with fewer stitches. I am doing a lot of math now to calculate how many square inches I can knit with the yarn I have so that it doesn’t look totally weird, but if it does, well, it’ll still be warm and I will have learned something. I measured how many square inches I knitted with a 50 gram ball, so now I am trying to estimate where to change my colors so that the sleeves look like they go with the body. I don’t know if that makes sense. Anyway, it is good for my brain. I am also starting a beginning/intermediate spinning class online, so that will slow my knitting down a little bit.