I guess we lost the thread form the "other" site.

Thanks for your response on how you organize, luwana and stasher. Mine is stored in plastic bins and drawers, but I think it is multiplying at night when I’m not around!

Yesterday I saw on Amazon a t-shirt with this legend: “Buying yarn and using it are two different hobbies.”
How true! No matter how big, no matter how messy one’s stash, who can resist adding yet another yummy to it?

My yarn is not displayed in any attractive way (bags, boxes and plastic bins). It would be way too much work to try and photograph my stash for you. :eek:

I tend to group my yarns according to fiber. Cottons here, acrylics there, wools another place…

My goal is to live long enough to knit all the yarn in my stash, but that will never happen because it’s like the little mill that ground salt . . . it just keeps growing.

I have all of my stash in large plastic bins. I did download the list into numbers but it’s way to large to re-photograph. I organize by weight.

I keep the wool separate, most of mine is acrylic worsted,(sorted by complete skeins and small balls) keep the baby yarn separate, cones separate for machine knitting (all this is in bins and boxes upstairs) and keep the sock yarn available downstairs - cause you never know when the urge will hit to knit a sock, LOL

my stash is all over the place right now. I have to come up with a new way to store it, first.

We were without internet since last saturday! On only for few hours in the week. It was annoying. BUT I got more yarn! And progressed on one of mine projects so it is a good thing. I had to manage with my cellphone to win the yarn but I am so happy!!!
Got 30 balls Angel by Debbie Bliss, under 4 dollars a piece and 10 hanks of alpaca wool silk for 20 bucks including shipping. Blue is not my color but who could resist deal like this! The yarn is very pretty in person though. I feel bad b/c this person lost money on it big time.

20190726_234051_resized.jpg

20190726_233945_resized_1.jpg

The blue yarn would be great to overdye if the color doesn’t suit you :slight_smile:

I am in the process of converting a bedroom into a fiber studio. Using closet for yarn and fabric storage. Had been using plastic drawers. I just visited an IKEA store and bought a couple of closet organizers. Have stearlite bins for the top shelf. Thought I would sort by weight and then color. I weave on a frame and ridged heddle looms. Plus up cycle fabric for weaving. Really excited to get this space finished. Pictures later. Glad to have found this site.

Nice to have you! I too have fabric, lots of it.
Have fun organizing!!!

Welcome! I was so pleased to read “pictures later” in your post because you know we’re going to need to see them. :wink:

I have a spare bedroom designated for my knitting…I started out with small plastic dressers and baskets, shelves with my books and beads…and then I don’t know exactly what happened, but I lost my organization somewhere along the line…I need to get it together, but I am going to wait for cooler weather. I too hope I live long enough to make a dent in my stash, but who am I kidding?!?

Sounds like you are my lost twin! We suppose to move almost 2 years ago but life happened and boxes piled up and I gave up. We still plan on building in 2 years and move but I have a feeling I am stuck with my yarn mess till than.

I understand about life happening! I know there is yarn in that room that I have completely forgotten about, and I am afraid I will just buy more of it before I find the original. Oh well! there are worse things I could be spending money on!!

My local LYS had Berroco Vintage and Chunky on sale!

48a95788cde03249c51c4660ce1298cdjpg.jpg

Nice haul! Keep it coming and have fun using it!

Vintage is great to knit with, nice haul!!

Thanks!

I did it again! I found new treasure! I am soon to be new owner of Hasegawa silk/mohair ,40/60 in may favorite color. 11 skeins for 70 dollars with shipping… Considering how much kidsilk cost, I feel it is decent bargain. Never saw this yarn before and I couldn’t find any other like this online so I am happy I got it.
Have no idea what I make, for now it will go in the box with all the other kidsilk but can’t wait to pet it!!!

s-l1600.jpg