Help finding a book

Does anyone remember a book, I believe it was children’s fiction, about a Jewish family who left Nazi Germany…the oldest daughter had a violin and the night before they left she hid some money in the lining of her violin case. They were pretending that they were going on a short vacation, but she wanted to take her violin along. On the train the nazi guard confiscated her violin. There was also something about the 2nd daughter wanting to take salami? I can’t for the life of me think of the name. The lady at the library where I checked it out before thought I was talking about the Von Trapps.

You might go to GoodReads website - I saw a “what’s the name of this book?” comment and the book was identified for the person. You might have some luck there. I put in a whole lot of different key words in web search but nothing seemed to come up that was relevant to what you mentioned.

I found a site that may be able to help you find it

https://www.jewishbookcouncil.org/books/reading-lists/holocaust-books-for-middle-grade-readers

Thanks for the link! Though it didn’t have the one I was looking for, a friend already helped me find it. She has read literally hundreds of books and knew exactly what I was talking about! A valuable friend! Anyway, I did find a couple of books to add to my “to read” list on GoodReads. So thank you!

Lol and the title is???

I was thinking the same thing!!

“When Hitler Sole Pink Rabbit”?

That was my guess.

Lol! I’m sorry, I forgot to put the title in. It’s “Journey to America” by Sonia Levitin.