Finished Pieces - no chatter please

Your stitch work is beautiful.

My “Americana” piece… knit using Red Heart Super Saver “Americana” yarn in patriotic stripes of red, white, and blue.
This piece is done in simple, stable, seed stitch.
:slight_smile:

If it does not fit in with the blanket’s overall design aesthetic, maybe it could be a small pillow… or part of a pillow?

9 x12 inch Americana piece for FiberKind knitting forum 1st birthday blanket.JPG

Personally, I think it is perfect. :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Char ! :slight_smile:

Wow, I love it. The color changes are so nice.

Very nice!

Love it!!

Thank you, @Char, @DJM, @TexasPurl, @Kathy7661 !

@DJM - depending on the number of stitches, the stripes vary from thick to thin, not beginning/ending at the start/end of a row…
I think of these thick/thin stripes as depicting a flag waving in the breeze! :slight_smile:

@qfknit That’s what I thought and the blue and white reminds me of stars on the blue background.

It’s wonderful.

Oh yes, it quite looks the flag in the breeze. Very nice!

And, there’s already a red and a blue so I’ll change my thrice frogged dark teal for a white and then it can’t help but fit right in!

@pinesprairie - 3rd time’s a charm! :slight_smile: I reworked mine twice… this piece was my third go at it… simple seed stitch, 32 stitches.
LOL, I felt like Goldilocks: 1st one was too wide, 2nd attempt was too narrow… this one seemed just right.

Colorwise, I think there may be a teal (it looks blue in the posted photo but is described as teal), so if your creation in dark teal was working out ok size-wise… I’d say, stick with it. Or, if you’re up for it, try making two pieces… one in dark teal, one in white…?

@qfknit, that’s exactly what happened on my first two attempts and then unthinkingly, I picked a different stitch which was too wide on the first go…so now for the too narrow go and eventually it’ll get there. I’ll go after navy-ish blue for the next square.

@pinesprairie - I am proud of you, choosing another knit stitch!
I had two motifs selected, planned to add a seed-stitch border on each… but after so much fiddling and re-work on the first piece in just plain seed-stitch, I am undecided as to whether I can spare the time for more experimentation. We’ll see how other things progress as the weeks go on, and how much additional time I can find to dedicate to this project.
Meanwhile, I am looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! Very interesting pieces so far!

Just finished my 2nd rectangle for our birthday blanket. This one is knit in a seed stitch textured pattern. Red :heart: yarn.

IMG_20200607_120236969.jpg

The texture and color are beautiful!!

Gorgeous!

I finished up 2 blocks for the birthday afghan project. I used my favorite 9x9 blocks by Polly Plum of Every Stitch on the Hook - Blizzard Warning & Victor and extended them to the required 9x12 block. All Caron Simply Soft.

IMG_20200607_103513.jpg

I love this pattern and the green will be a nice splash of color!