February 2021 Knitted FO's

Show off your finished projects completed this month! :fk:[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​

Made a few baby hats.

959882c1809f088e37f2357cd952dab6jpg.jpg

Well, here are my “January” socks–a few days late, but finally off the needles, but still in time to enjoy them. It’s 11 degrees Fahrenheit (-11 Celsius) outside and it’s supposed to snow again tonight and get even colder for the week!

20210206_081724.jpg

I like your color choice. They look cozy.

Thank you!

These are so nice. You did a great job on them.
Which yarn did you use??

These are so cute. The red ones are perfect for February and any Valentine’s Day babies.

@hereami --Thanks! This is West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-ply. Colorway is Owl, 877. I love the yarn–it’s BFL and nylon, 75/25. (heel/toe is in poppy seed) I think it’s my new favorite yarn, really nice and soft! I’m almost half done with another pair in the Wood Pigeon colorway. Definitely will order more of it.

For FO Friday!
Here is a more finished picture of my Lunna Jumper, from Ann Feitelson’s book, The Art of Fair Isle Knitting. I used KnitPIcks Palette, which I would recommend for Fair isle knitting, due to its sticky qualities and good color selection. They also sell a color card (which could save you from buying many unnecessary skeins in the long run.) I was able to stretch it a little bit with blocking, which I had hoped so that it would be more roomy and drape nicely more like a tunic. I probably could re-wet the bottom ribbing and pull it in a bit, but it might stretch back with wearing. I like the fit.
@Char, I did weave in the ends, it only took a couple of evenings!

File_000 (18).jpeg

File_000 (19).jpeg

Ohhhh nice!!! :slight_smile:

Will you be able to model it for us this afternoon? I think I saw you are joining us on zoom today.

PS - how did your tie dye turn out? Hoping to see that too!

Ok, we’ll have a fashion show! But I want to see others’ modeling also! And the fabric is very bright, and I love it!

Amazing work. Wow.

What it the wooden structure you have it on? My first thought was the stretcher people use for needle work. Is this gadget specifically for drying knitted sweaters?

Yes, it is called a Wooly Board. It is adjustable to fit (almost) any FairIsle sweater, because they are made in the round with steeks and very little shaping. I got mine online from Walmart (marketplace) of all places,

Sweet! Do you donate to a local place or are these for someone special?

Fabulous!

Yes, it is called a Wooly Board. It is adjustable to fit (almost) any FairIsle sweater, because they are made in the round with steeks and very little shaping. I got mine online from Walmart (marketplace) of all places,

Wow this is wonderful! You did a great job on this!

Note to self: do not post on the internet while migraine-ing. You’ll forget to write out the caption, dufus.

I worked up some quick knits this month starting with finishing up the kiddo’s gloves (not pictured). Then hubs finally asked for a replacement beanie since the original has been loved to death-- literally. I saw this really cute trend of knitted scrunchies, and well, I just had to give that a go. Scrunchies are back y’all!
The last photo is the much needed final pair of gloves this season, my own! It was perfect timing too, because the very next day Elsa came to town and gave us our very own ice-pocalypse in which we were without power for 36 hrs with temps in the teens. All in all, it was a very fruitful knitting month and I’m proud to have knocked out so many items from my knitting to-do list.

be78bbdcf3c635804a8ba0b5d70839fejpg.jpg

5833877ad29bf53a32a984ee8b7904aejpg.jpg

bc1b6e9c5b546615a02d71551af49805jpg.jpg

Good job. They are all nicely done.
What stitch pattern did you use for your gloves? They look very warm.

@hereami The pattern is called Granger Mitts by Wanded Knits and Crochet (Jenny Noto is her name I believe.)
It was a very fun and quick knit. I finished them both in just two days.