End to dropped stitch nightmare

If picking up dropped stitches is a nightmare to you, KNITFreedom’s method of picking up without a crochet hook can turn it into play.You have to sign up for a newsletter to view her non-public videos and free patterns, but if you don’t want to go that route, you can check out her YouTube video on picking up two dropped stitches ten rows down. The method is the same for one stitch any number of rows. I’ve been practicing on a pair of worsted socks and now actually have fun dropping stitches and picking them up again! Hope this helps someone out there…,

@tangledskein Thank you for posting this…I’ll have to check it out! Dropped stitches and mistakes are definitely a nightmare for me. That’s why, at this point, I only knit washcloths! :relaxed:

Thanks @tangledskein, I’ll have to check that out. I’m not always nice to be around when I’ve dropped a stitch. :rolleyes:

@Kathy 7661 and @Freedom Lover. Ashamed to say that, after knitting for decades, a dropped stitch could actually be a project ender for me. Her website link is: htts://www.knitfreedom.com. She seems to be primarily a seller of courses, but she also has some great free videos and patterns. Just select Topics, then select Fix Knitting Mistakes. Scroll down to Free and Premium Videos to see her solutions to some common knitting problems.

You’ll still have to subscribe to her email newsletter to view these. I think they’re every other day or twice a week.After my first or second newsletter, she sent me an email asking if I wished to continue receiving emails from her so it seems it’s pretty easy to unsubscribe if you want.

@tangledskein I watched her video on dropped stitches and found it interesting how she re-knitted them on the needles. I’m going to try practicing this on a little swatch. Thanks again for posting this information!

@Kathy7661 Hope it helps you as much as it did me. It did take a number of (frustrating) tries before I became really comfortable with it, but once I did, the fear factor was gone.