Do we have any thread crocheters here?

That sounds amazing! I would love to see photos of your progress if you want to share. :slight_smile:

I do understand about the eyesight, lol… I love making table runners and wall decor with filet crochet. Please share photos of your projects when you can if you want too… It is so inspiring to others.

1 Like

OMGosh your flowers look so real, so intricate… what talent you have. Yes, I am more into wall decor and table runners then doilies. But there have been some doily patterns I just couldn’t resist… lol… so I made them and gave them away.

1 Like

I remember that style of doily being really popular for a while. I love how you added the variegated colors on the last few rows… so pretty.

1 Like

Thanks Kathy, it was an old pattern. I have a lot from the 40’s they’re the best!

I love seeing everyone’s projects, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

How cool! I haven’t been game to try and do miniature crochet. I used to cross stitch dollhouse samplers (framed) and rugs for the floor, but I just can’t see well enough anymore.

1 Like

@Toni Laws, I wear bifocals and I still have to push my glasses up on my head to do some tiny work. It’s hard to see!

1 Like

I found a picture of my hummingbird filet runner. I made this one for someone else but I just finished one just like it for myself. I just haven’t blocked mine yet. I got the pattern out of a book called Heirloom Crochet.

30172e4b620ac96b97455db01dad1cd9jpg.jpg

1 Like

Such gorgeous creations on here! I do dip into thread crochet, mainly doilies because I have a lot of decorative ceramics (I live in the Potteries, the home of Wedgwood and Doulton) and my gran always said you should put them on cotton doilies to stop them marking your shelves. This is one I did recently - sorry the photo is rubbish.

3b8db83e043bb153d823d0de336aac1fjpg.jpg

My Little Bear Herbert

4fc72d96d291c045c798ad17c7211aadjpg.jpg

d997cd2a729ddd27a920661f8d9bbfc5jpg.jpg

92d7c5efb8966a14baa88192f7f56a58jpg.jpg

1 Like

He’s just too cute!

As I gain skill I find there are two things I dislike working with: acrylic and bulky yarns I crocheted a safety vest for my grandson to wear when playing with his new construction set and I used sport weight yarn. The Only thing that kept me going was how darn easy acrylic yarn is to work with.

This past weekend I completed the Moonpetals doily from Draiguna https://www.draiguna.com/p/moonpetals.html, which was my first serious thread project as well as my first doily. With only 21 rounds it was a good introduction to doilies and it took about 7 days to finish. I need to block it but snapped a pic anyway.

I’m finding I very much enjoy making lacy items rather than mind-numbing repetitive sc or dc (though they are a welcome break sometimes). My preference is natural fibers, 4-ply or finer, even though it takes Ages longer to complete a project; it’s totally worth it.

7ef14e0e26e5eb3f6a3deb59976396a2jpg.jpg

1 Like

Oh my gosh, my hands ache just looking at him, lol. Your stitches are so precise and the mishmash of colors make for a whimsical little treasure. :slight_smile:

Yarns and threads sized 10 & 20 are my happy place for crocheting. I’ve dabbled with sewing thread but usually that was just for flowers or other little decorations for animals I’ve made with the 10 thread. I’m a doily maker and designer though I primarily work on patterns that don’t have you going practically cross-eyed from counting stitches - i.e. movie binge type projects. My favorite things to make are little animals - I’ve sewn a few but mostly crochet. And, of course, the sewn ones got crocheted sweaters lol.

1 Like

Hello all! I am a newbie to thread crochet. I was wishing I had a local store for extra fine thread but it looks like online is the way to go. I love seeing all the pictures of your creations.

That is so pretty!

1 Like

Very nice thread work, all of it. Those flowers are especially fantastic. So pretty!

1 Like

Beautiful work! I really like that pattern.

1 Like

I’ve been stashbusting and found a batch of threads I bought on eBay years ago: here’s the results.

b879567b036c2031d98579715bec395fjpg.jpg

23d18db00627ea3066dd9465de85a121jpg.jpg

d6357fa018781314ddd1f68c01c8919ajpg.jpg

c1cc6ce49fbfeb9cbf5a3f79ec034c4bjpg.jpg

6f93d90c6428afec99f8638f78e14658jpg.jpg

1 Like