Chatter Thread Spinning 2022

I spun a ton during the Spin de Fleece, but I haven’t spun since I finished that last fiber pairing I was working on. I still have a partial spool of one of the fibers though, and more of that fiber that I could spin.

Has anyone else spun in the last couple of weeks?

I finished plying a braid I started during the spin de fleece. Hope to get it skeined and washed before Friday.

1 Like

I’m slowly working my way through an old superwash braid in alarming shades of green. Plying now for a sport-ish weight. Thinking this might make a good boys’ hat and scarf/cowl combo.

2 Likes

That is a nice bright green. I would have been tempted to ply it with a gray or maybe a purple or blue to bring the brightness factor down a bit. But it’s looking great as it is too.

This actually turned out better than expected.

3 Likes

Next up: a nice blend from Hobbledehoy. I bought two of these and have already spun one up, so I’ll spin this one to match. I don’t think I did anything special with the last braid – just split it in two, and peeled off strips. Two ply fingering-ish for weaving.

1 Like

oh so pretty!!!

Oh that is so gorgeous! Makes my heart beat a little faster. :slight_smile: (my colors)

I love this too!

I finished this over the weekend. It is my last small hank of 80/20 Superwash merino/nylon that I dyed before SDF. Only 160 yds but a nice DK. My first spin since SDF 22. I started it on my Ladybug while away, so I had to bring my wheel home to finish it! But compared to my other wheel, it is very light and doesn’t take up that much room in the car.

2 Likes

That is really bright and cherry !

I got 2 wonderful 12 days spinning sets. One I actually bought myself from Inglenook Fibers the other my Son and his wife gifted me from Woodland Pixie. Guess I’ll be spinning for the next few weeks.

My DIL and I also bought a set of the Inglenook Fibers for my Granddaughter. I had to help her fix her drive band and now she’s off and spinning. I actually just had to coach her through changing the band. Now she can do it all herself when she needs to.

2 Likes

Would love to see pictures … :slight_smile:

I can show pictures at the end. I do have some progress pictures, but they don’t look like much.

I am so excited that I can finally get back to my wheels !
I decided to redo my spinning with Evie class with my Matchless, taking samples with the different whorls and such. I’m going to try to work on consistency and also spinning thicker. Im just using plain Wool if the Andes combed top and a partial merino batt for practice. I have a lot of undyed fiber but no place to dye at the moment, so practice , practice , practice is on the agenda.

I’m going to try and put some pictures here. This is Days 1 - 3 of the Inglenook Fiber

And Days 1-3 of the Woodland

1 Like

very nice. :slight_smile: I love seeing how fiber turns from loose fiber, to singles, and then to ply … it always changes so much in between the steps !