Chatter Thread Spinning 2022

I spun a ton during the Spin de Fleece, but I haven’t spun since I finished that last fiber pairing I was working on. I still have a partial spool of one of the fibers though, and more of that fiber that I could spin.

Has anyone else spun in the last couple of weeks?

I finished plying a braid I started during the spin de fleece. Hope to get it skeined and washed before Friday.

1 Like

I’m slowly working my way through an old superwash braid in alarming shades of green. Plying now for a sport-ish weight. Thinking this might make a good boys’ hat and scarf/cowl combo.

2 Likes

That is a nice bright green. I would have been tempted to ply it with a gray or maybe a purple or blue to bring the brightness factor down a bit. But it’s looking great as it is too.

This actually turned out better than expected.

3 Likes

Next up: a nice blend from Hobbledehoy. I bought two of these and have already spun one up, so I’ll spin this one to match. I don’t think I did anything special with the last braid – just split it in two, and peeled off strips. Two ply fingering-ish for weaving.

1 Like

oh so pretty!!!

Oh that is so gorgeous! Makes my heart beat a little faster. :slight_smile: (my colors)

I love this too!

I finished this over the weekend. It is my last small hank of 80/20 Superwash merino/nylon that I dyed before SDF. Only 160 yds but a nice DK. My first spin since SDF 22. I started it on my Ladybug while away, so I had to bring my wheel home to finish it! But compared to my other wheel, it is very light and doesn’t take up that much room in the car.

2 Likes

That is really bright and cherry !