Char featured on Politically Incorrect Knitters!!

I’m listening right now and am so excited to learn about this community! I cannot wait to learn more about ya’ll <3

Welcome to FiberKind! We are a very friendly group, and it won’t take you long to get to know us. What are your favorite crafts?

To be honest I don’t know of a craft, related to fiber, that I haven’t dipped my toes in. But mainly I am a knitter. Although, I did just buy twenty-two skeins of yarn to dye, so who knows when I will find the time for knitting, haha.

I look forward to hearing of your adventures!!

@BusyAsABee You’ll fit right in! I look forward to seeing your hand dyed yarn!

@BusyAsABee, I’ve dyed yarn and recently become a weaver, but like you I’m a knitter at heart. I look forward to seeing what you create.

Several folks have asked me about the yarn in @DeplorableKnitter ‘s cowl. The dyer was featured in episode 7, and here is her Etsy page!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AwenyddYarnandFiber?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=682496203

After a long hiatus and some very long nights with a knitted blanket, I finally returned to see what has been going on with Fiberkind. I just watched this video - loved it. You all were so nice and fun to watch. It just made me really happy to have found this site. BTW - the blanket is finished, a 2nd anniversary gift for step-son and wife (because 2nd anniversary theme is cotton).

Welcome back! We’d love to see your blanket.

I am glad you are back! :slight_smile: and you liked the video.

Welcome home!

I’m just returning to fiberkind after not visiting in a while. I just happened to have found and subscribed to your podcast recently, and I’ve been enjoying it very much.

I’ll find a place to post a blanket picture. I am so very glad it is finally finished.

Oh, I had meant to add. One day a couple weeks ago I decided I needed a loom. I had been thinking about it (probably during all the blanket knitting). It is on order; in the meantime I swung by the weaving forums. What the heck?! Did we all have some crazy mind kinky thing where a bunch of us decided we needed to start weaving?

Welcome back! We are glad to have you. :slight_smile: let me know if you need anything.

Yes, ma’am! One of us kept posting pictures of beautiful towels, @rkennell and I kept drooling and thinking… so we bought our looms… and a few others joined in the fun! We’re happy to have you join us.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

And those of us who’ve been a lucky recipient of a gift of @Char’s beautifully handwoven towels are humbly grateful!
:slight_smile:

Welcome back!

I’m another new weaver, what kind of loom did you order? I’ve been focused on knitting lately but I have more projects in mind for my rigid heddle loom.

I ordered a Schacht 25 rigid heddle after watching eBay, Craigslist, and marketplace for a few months. I can get a used floor loom easily but never saw any RH looms near by. I’m hoping to have just one loom so went with a size I thought could work for many projects.