Care to share? Who we are on other forums - KP, R, FB, etc.

I am here from R also. I chose to leave because of the friction. My user name is Patlbg, or my email which starts the same, on any site I’m on.

Welcome to FiberKind! :slight_smile:

Welcome!! I left R a year ago and am so glad I found a home here.

Welcome! Glad you joined us!!

Welcome!

Welcome home!

Welcome! Let us know how to make you feel at home. There are forums and groups that might interest you and Funnies threads in the Off Topic section of the General forum if you could use a laugh,

Welcome–I hope you feel at home here and find your niche (or niches). This is a peaceful place to enjoy your craft(s) and we’re glad you found us! Warning–many of us are great enablers and love to dip our fingers in multiple crafts, so you might find yourself stretching into some new territory! :slight_smile:

thank you all for the caution about security - I didn’t realize all my information was open to everybody - so now it should be for members only

To exercise security on any form of social media, you should not disclose personal information anywhere publicly. Whether it is Ravelry, Open Ravel, Fiberocity, or here, you simply need to create an account to get access to everything you share, and only need an email address to do that. Your user name should not be your full name. For example, Debbie aka @TexasPurl - she is from Texas. Well, Debbie is quite a popular name and unless you know her in other ways, it would be next to impossible to determine which Debbie in the state of Texas she is - regardless of whether she posts in the main forums, or the groups, project blogs, etc.

Our forums being open give people an opportunity to see how involved, welcoming and active we are as a community before they sign up. Please do not let “personal information” steer you away from posting in the forums. Often the groups are much less active and fewer people actually see what you are up to in the groups. Alternately, if you wish to change your user name to a generic user name you may let me know - I can change your user name for you. You may change your location simply to “USA” if you wish to remain anonymous. It is nice to have a country as often we have give aways and we have to make sure the donors are aware of who they may be shipping to expense wise, and we have to be sensitive to that. I can pair up people in the same country for those types of things.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. :fk:

This is good info @Char! It’s certainly difficult to be active online and remain secure. Vigilance is key. We all want to be kind & friendly, though we do have the occasional troll slithering through.

Hello and I just joined today. I use the same user name on many sites. I am using my logo from my blog as my avatar here. I am still looking all around and getting used to this site. An on-line friend referred me to this site and I hope to find this a fun and friendly site that I can call home here.

Welcome to Fiberkind! Glad you joined!

Welcome to FiberKind - if you need anything as you make your way around, let me know. We look forward to seeing what you are crafting!

Welcome to Fiberkind. Looking forward to see what you are working on.

Welcome to Fiberkind! I’ve been a fan of your work over on the 'Ville for a few years. Glad you’ve joined us!

Welcome! This is a lovely community and I am sure you’ll feel at home here very soon.

Glad you’re here! This site is also growing and changing so join in and grow with us!

Welcome, @RecycleCindy. I think you’ll find all kinds of friendly people here and be calling it home in no time.

Welcome!