Calling All Hookers!

Oh wow! That will be beautiful :slight_smile:

@Kathy Wow, it’s going to be such a beautiful tablecloth! Using your mom’s yarn thread makes it so special! Please keep us posted on your progress.

@BonBon … Is there a free written pattern out there for this? I’ve seen this many times and have searched, but not been successful. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

@Whrdiego

Yes there is! Here is the link to the free pattern: https://thatoldschoolgirlagain.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/virus-shawl-written-crochet-pattern-1.pdf

And here is the link to one of the better YouTube tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJo1uZ8okuU

Enjoy!!!

Thank you so much!!! :slight_smile:

I was never known for doing anything the easy way… so of course I actually started 2 projects! And to challenge myself even further, I’m writing patterns for both of them!

The first pattern, is a baby blanket, that I’m calling the Diamond Mesh Blanket, and I’m making it by holding 2 strands together, of baby light weight 3 yarn. I had a couple of stops and starts with this, as I realized that I couldn’t do what I really wanted to… so I improvised, and came up with the diamond mesh. Here is what I have so far:

The second project is what I’m calling my Wicker Lace Infinity Shawl. It uses a very simple dc,fpdc combo to create a beautifully textured, lacy fabric. I haven’t gotten very far with it, but I have taken a picture of it:

I’m making this ‘shawl’ to go with another pattern I created, my Wicker Lace Handwarmers. Although I may add other colors to this shawl, because I’m using stash yarn to make it, and I didn’t realize how low I was on the off white yarn. Here are the handwarmers I made with this pattern stitch:

So those are my projects.

diamondmesh1.jpg

wickerlace shawl 2.jpg

WickerLace.jpg

Good morning, I am currently in the middle of s virus meets granny shawl. I’ll try to get pictures later.

Those are both lovely! Can’t wait to see the finished products. What is the yarn you have used for the Diamond Mesh Blanket? It looks like a sparkle base, and it also looks really squishy. Pretty!!

Hi DiddlyDaddle!

I was planning to make the Granny Meets Virus, but then I realized I wouldn’t have enough yarn to make my shawl as big as I was hoping. So I’m making the original Virus Shawl instead. I can’t wait to see pics of yours, because I was really looking forward to making that!

I am working on my first Tunisian project, the DoubleTake Tank by KayKrochets.

bad8361c8d1733c4b8748e1cef4ca8a1jpg.jpg

There are actually 2 yarns that I’m using. Bernat baby coordinates, that’s the multi colored yarn, and then the colored yarns (white, blue, and mint green) are stitch studio by Nicole: storybook prim & whimsy. I had a friend that gave me her yarn stash, because she was so tied up with a business she was working on, she couldn’t knit or crochet anymore. I bought the Bernat for another project, and then was told the project wasn’t needed. So I had it laying around.

Both yarns are really soft, and squishy, and both yarns have that nylon threading running through to give that ‘shiny, sparkly’ look to them. So I experimented in putting them together.

Nicely done! Would never have guessed it’s your first!

That is beautiful! The yarn color you chose reminds me of all the parts of summer :slight_smile:

Successful experiment!

I have 2 projects, both baby blankets, going right now so I’ll join in.

Neat Ripple blanket using Scheepjes Metropolis in Lahore, Marseilles, Dhaka, and Salvador.

Rainbow Ripple blanket (I got the pattern off of Rav years ago) using Scheepjes Whirl in Turquoise Turntable and possibly finishing it with a Whirlette in Bubble.

a3268394410411a9f5be0812b7ebaf00jpg.jpg

4d96296b2ef9d79d1f7d9d89a04c5010jpg.jpg

Welcome!! We’re happy to have you aboard :slight_smile: I am obsessed with your Rainbow Ripple blanket, such a pretty pattern. Do you love Sheepjes?? I can’t get enough of their yarn, especially their cottons. The colors and squish factor are amazing.

I love Scheepjes! Every yarn is just so wonderful I often have yarn paralysis :slight_smile:

Hey Everyone!
How are your projects coming? I’m blazing along at a snail’s pace :rolleyes: I will add an updated picture as soon as possible. Today I’ve been having super frustrating issues trying to post pictures :confused:
Anyway, let us know how you’re doing, and post a progress pic if you can!!

Here’s my progress on the Battenberg Blanket. It may not look like much but I crocheted 101 little granny squares since the start of this CAL! This is great progress for me since crocheting is usually a fall/winter activity for me. The granny squares in the bag were done before the CAL. The lovely skeins in the photo are the next ones I’ll use. I’m using all hand dyed yarns I picked up here and there, all fingering weight.

8f3414ceec4614538705e5222cf0509bjpg.jpg

I’ll be very excited to see this blanket complete. It’s going to be gorgeous. You have been a busy bee!