April 2024

He was 16 in February.

This was him helping me smarten up the edges of my beds and paths after a very wet winter - by sitting in the exact place I needed to stand.

8 Likes

He is so sweet to help. I have a white an blk cat who looks like he could be a relative of your sweetie. Mine isn’t as helpful as yours.

3 Likes

6 Likes

He is quite handsome as well as “helpful.”

1 Like

It looks like you have a helper as well. The hoop is amazing as is your embroidery.

3 Likes

My kitties like to help too. Here, my void cat, Georgie, is helping me work on editing a pattern.

And here is my ginger, Fitz, helping me knit.

It is so nice to have helpful kitties! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

All these lovely kitties! It’s a wonder any of us get anything done, but we do get lots of lovely snuggles.

4 Likes

How is April half over? Time is flying. Anyone else think so?

5 Likes

Yes! I seem to have completely misplaced all of March and half of April! How did we get here so quickly? :astonished:

4 Likes

By boat, given all the rain we’ve had…

8 Likes

I agree, the time has flown by.
Busy finishing up the grandbaby blanket I am making. Went to Joanns to search for backing fabric. It took me forever. I tried so hard to stay on their theme and find a dinosaur fabric. They had a good selection. I just didn’t like them combined with my blanket. So, I went with a cute rubber duck pattern. It has the colors from the worked side. All fabric is in the washer now. Hopefully I can finish it within the next day or so.

off topic…anyone out there live in Oklahoma? I have a question.

3 Likes

I finished this quilt top for my son’s graduation quilt. Left it with the long armer last night. :slight_smile: Who knew they made awesome computer and math fabric!!

Today starts the world high school robotics championship - my son’s team made it again. :slight_smile: I am so glad they stream the matches so we can watch.

10 Likes

Woo hoo!
Can you post a link for the robotics championship, please.

Love the quilt.

side note: A gentle reminder to call or hug your family today. A friend just lost her daughter do to domestic violence this week. It was so horrific and shocking it made So Cal news. If you are in a domestic violence situation please reach out for help. In this case he had just received the finalized divorce papers and wasn’t happy. Thankfully he did not murder the young son he had in his car at the time. The son is safe with family and phy unharmed.

:fk: Please, stay safe everyone.

3 Likes

I’m going to send it over private message :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is so horrible, it always breaks my heart when I hear about things like this. My kids are 25 and 27 now, so they aren’t “little” but I still hug them and tell them I love them all the time. It must have paid off because they usually hug me and tell me they love me back. Even more importantly, when one of them found himself in a very tricky and dangerous situation last year, he knew he could come home to me and I would help him be safe while he worked to fix the issue. I’ll be sure to give them and everyone else I love an extra hug today in honor of that poor woman and her child. :cry:

4 Likes

How heartbreaking for the parents - and traumatic for the little boy.

2 Likes

Good luck to your Son’s team!

Another awesome quilt! I have also been amazed what fabric you can find if you look for something specific.

2 Likes

I love the quilt and that is one impressive robot!

3 Likes

What a tragedy, I hope the family has a lot of support.

2 Likes

this is what April 23rd looks like this year :cold_face: the pictures are blurry because it’s still snowing

fortunately I drove home from my dad’s yesterday because I already have changed to my summer tyres

3 Likes