April 2023 Chatter

Oh…you should!
‘Colors of the Sky’ series, perhaps. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes - it was beautiful. You should definitely dye it up.

1 Like

All the lovely things and views again - I wish I had something better, but my new camera really is not good. Still, here’s my April Pokemon - Bulbasaur.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching robotics all day. My son’s team ended day 1 of the first 48 qualifying matches in first place. Tomorrow there are 15 more matches and then the State finals.

If they continue to do well, they’ll go to Houston in two weeks. :tada::confetti_ball:

No sewing for me. My shoulder is SO sore.

2 Likes

Is your shoulder sore from waving pom poms and cheering on your son?

1 Like

@lovestostitch lol - no. I’m beginning to wonder if I hurt it when I fell. I am having it looked at Thursday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. It’s eyes seem to be glowing.
Is it a good guy or a bad guy? ( I know nothing of pokemon) Except adults walk around the park stopping in random places to do something on their cell phones while playing Pokemon Go.

1 Like

@Char Have you seen the new “Einstein” Shape? It is called the Hat because they say it looks similar to a Fedora. (can anyone see the hat? I don’t.)

It is a 13 sided shape using hexis. So I thought of you and your hexi quilt.
https://science.howstuffworks.com/math-concepts/einstein-tile.htm

1 Like

Wow! I see a crinkly hat. Very interesting. Now I’ll be thinking about how I could make it a block. :joy:

1 Like

Apparently the bulbasaur is quite a nice creature and is very nurturing towards younger, weaker Pokemon. My daughter is a big Pokemon fan and there are now two books of crochet patterns for the creatures, so she’s enjoying this year immensely. (She also plays Pokemon Go when she goes out and about - it seems there is a major location just down our street by the children’s playground).

1 Like

This mom is over the moon!!! My younger son is going to Houston TX to the First Robotics Championships!!! I believe 600 teams will be there from all over the world. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations! When are they going to Houston? Are you going to go?

1 Like

I will watch from the comfort of my home. It will be craziness.

They leave on the 18th. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Houston isn’t that great a city to visit anyway.

2 Likes

I have been a VERY busy bunny this week! First, I finally finished the diamond blanket wrap I have been making for my friend. It took over 2 months, 68 hours, 955 yards of yarn, and 69,660 stitches, but it is done! I gave it to my friend yesterday and she LOVES it! It came out bigger than I was planning, it was supposed to be 18"x72" and it ended up 28"x90" but my friend is chronically cold and she LOVES that she can wrap it so many different ways.

Yesterday, most of the family came over to my place and we had dinner then carried out a tradition that has been part of our Easter since sometime in the mid-1980s. My sister lives in a very small town and was in charge of their town Easter party from the mid-80s until just a few years ago when she became physically unable to be in charge. She still volunteered to help and so our family filled a few hundred plastic eggs with candy for the Easter egg hunt. It was fun, but it was a lot of work! I just got one pic of the party when we first got started. I should have taken one of all the eggs and “Bunny Bags” we filled, but we were all SO tired! There were I think 400 eggs and 100 Bunny Bags. :scream:

We are all getting together tomorrow (along with some who couldn’t make it for the egg-filling) for Easter dinner, and I made the dessert today. I had planned for it to be a 3 tiered “cake” but the puffcorn didn’t squish down enough. I also had only planned to make the puffcorn, but my oldest called just as I was getting started and said he was going to be able to come and he can’t have corn, so I also made a fruity crispies one so he can have dessert too. I had to make 2 rice crispy treats recipes and 3 recipes with the puffcorn instead of the crispies. My son and brother helped me decorate them, so it was really fun. I also get the chance to show off my newest old kitchen containers collection, the cake tin! However, now I am completely exhausted and still have everything to do tomorrow so I am going to go pass out now!

6 Likes

No wonder you’re exhausted! But what a fantastic wrap, beautiful and practical too. And what a very colourful Easter you’ve had, such delicious treats!

1 Like

Wow. That Wrap is fantastic.

I hope you were able to recharge and have a great day today.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate today.

2 Likes

Happy Easter! We spent the afternoon/evening with two couples that we are friends with. One of the couples just moved to the next state north so today was good-bye. I don’t know when we’ll see them again so even though it was a nice get-together, it was also sad.

2 Likes

Check out that green Indiana grass.

2 Likes

Have to admit my daughter and son-in-law talked me into downloading Pokémon Go. Sometimes it’s just the motivation I need for a walk after work

3 Likes