April 2022 - Spring Fling

Beautiful work, and it looks so cozy!

You have chosen wonderful colors!

We had a wonderful retreat :slight_smile: We had yarnies, sewists, scrapbookers and even @rkennell ‘s sister doing macrame. I think she got more pictures than I did so hopefully she’ll post some here.

Friday our tradition continued with a nice lunch at The Beef House:

I spent my weekend piecing an exploding heart quilt top. I have the rest of the rows clipped together so the rest of the top will go along quickly.

58E1E073-3035-467E-9EB8-92240361FB36.jpg

4973F950-65F4-4D92-929E-143051A2C299.jpg

95A34E0D-882D-4D6D-827F-062480C19E59.jpg

Thank you @Nyssareen!

Wow! I’ve never seen geraniums that big. What growing zone are you in? Do you get frosts?

My son bought the Martha Washington geranium for me last year for Mother’s Day. It was beautiful but when it was done blooming - that was it. They are finicky and hard to get to rebloom. I kept it alive over the winter under lights in my basement. They like cool nights so now it is on my unheated but glassed in
porch. They don’t like hot weather so I can’t leave it outside during the summer. If it’s doesn’t bloom for me, it won’t get another winter inside.

Are you after a shawl to wrap around your shoulders or one that you wear as a scarf?

I want to know what weather gave you that big stripe of green.

It turned out great! It looks beautiful on you.

Sounds like you had another fun weekend!

Thank you for the help @Nyssareen.

@lovestostitch I had to look up which zone I am in. (9b) I do get frosts and weird weather like hail and what not. (even sent my children to the local library once…only to learn there was a tornado less than 5 miles from us) To make things easier for myself I do a basic garden/yard clean up in the fall, then I pretty much leave everything alone until spring.
I loose lots of top growth due to our short frosts and weather. But there is almost always some life left in the plant and it bounces back after the spring clean up. The biggest garden mistake I made was not waiting for my ‘false spring’ weather to pass. That last surprise frost has killed many of my newly planted things over the years.

For those interested…
https://www.farmersalmanac.com/what-are-plant-hardiness-zones
https://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/Native_Plant_Materials/Native_Gardening/hardinesszones.shtml

Thank you @KnitsWithHorses

@lovestostitch to wrap around shoulders.

looks great.
I know…and agree. My sense of time is not playing fair this year.

So glad you all had a great time. Everyone looks so happy to be there.

Now…the quilt on the wall in the first picture is huge and lovely. Any details about that one?

The exploding heart quilt top really is beautiful and made me tear up looking at it. So lovely.

Such awesome work here on FiberKind.

@hereami - I don’t have info on the quilt behind us. Next time I am there I will be sure to look. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the kind words. I’ll be sure to share a finished photo :slight_smile:

I finished the exploding heart quilt :heart::heart:

I’ll add a small white border then finish

04A90BBF-3507-4E6B-97BD-E84E8546C7D4.jpg

It’s beautiful!

@hereami - I’ve only made one wrap around shawl and it was a really simple triangle. I made it extra long so it is really nice to wrap in.

That is just gorgeous.

stunning

Thank you :slight_smile: