April 2021 Sock KAL - CHAT

You need big scrappy balls of yarn for those two! With my size 11.5 feet, I don’t have much left if I knit socks with legs. My three scraps for this month’s socks were from three pairs of short cut socks.

Additional comments are not required, thank you, and thanks @Pegg Thomas and @KnitsWithHorses keep those socks coming!

sigh Messed it up again.

@Pegg Thomas - Not a big deal. It is weird that the first post doesn’t allow comments. I just hated to confuse people by starting with two chat posts.

Oops.

Well I am off to a … far-from-perfect start but I’m still liking it. My son never minds the imperfections. I usually do both socks simultaneously but I forgot to make the white yarn into 2 balls. I started this way too early in the morning I think. :stuck_out_tongue: On the other hand, I love having the 3 balls in this bowl as I just turn it a tick to the right every time I change colors and never have to untangle the strands.
Edited - I went to my yarn storage to put away some things and found another partial ball. It’s just Woolike beige and I knew I had several partial balls but didn’t want to go digging for them. Lol I also found a partial ball of Stroll fingering in green so I added that to my pile of potential colors for the second pair. Now I can start the second sock. I’m relieved because I really do prefer working on them at the same time.

20210401_133745.jpg

I was wondering if there was a trick to prevent the tangled mess I have to keep untangling. I’m going to give a bowl a try! Thanks for sharing the tip.

Looking good! I am already thinking about my second pair, too!

My first sock is done and I love how the colors blended. You can’t see the helical effect because two of my yarns had drastic color changes so they don’t give a striped effect. The color I used for the cuff, heel and toe is one of my three colors.

I’m posting it here because I started it before April 1 so I don’t get an official finished post for it.

My yarns:

My sock:

CDC2FE37-030B-42D6-8411-E0FC2FE694FD.jpeg

0DB1E838-6E8C-418F-81D2-27E3A4616D00.jpeg

I love how it turned out :).

I like how it turned out too. Unique!

It’s really pretty. The 3 colourways played together quite nicely.

Scrappy Helical Socks Progress Report: Through the heels plus 2 75".

IMG_3703.JPG

Hello! I’m brand new here and would love to jump in and participate in learning this new technique!

They are looking good!

Welcome! Do jump in and join us. Just ask if you have any questions.

Here is my pile. Trying to decide if I should be truly adventurous in my scrappiness and use that sparkly Christmas yarn or not. Maybe I’ll use it for the heels, toes, and cuffs and have myself a really whacky pair of ugly Christmas sweater socks…

f8b635ab60bc4b7c0c6ae739d5dd95e3jpg.jpg

Love it! :slight_smile:

Yay! The more the merrier!

Oh I think I have a new tradition to establish now. Lll I’ve never been into making ugly sweaters but I could definitely get into making an annual pair of ugly socks. :relaxed: