April 2021 Chatter

Wow!! It’s wonderful… Looking forward to reading the series.

That’s a beautiful cover. Is the shawl you just finished for this book’s release or do you have another shawl to do?

Trying some English Paper Piecing for road trips. We’ll see.

Piece Number 1 of a sampler. :slight_smile:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:94844}[/ATTACH]

Oh, beautiful - love the colors :blush::blush:

Pretty!!

I like it!

@lovestostitch, the shawl I just finished is for this book’s release. I haven’t put it out yet on any other social media - not even my mailing list! - so you crafty gals got the sneak peek. :slight_smile:

Oh, but @lovestostitch, I do still have to make up another shawl, because I have another historical romance anthology releasing in February. I’ll need a shawl to give away with that too. And Maggie’s Release. Not sure when that one will come out yet - maybe March - maybe sooner … we’ll see!

Oh my! I saw flurries today and thought it was bad.

That’s a lot of writing and knitting!

That’s paper? It looks seamed. It’s very pretty!

@lovestostitch it is fabric wrapped around paper and hand stitched together, then you take the pieces out. :slight_smile:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:94875}[/ATTACH]

Too cute!!

Talk about busy! And I agree, that is a beautiful cover!

That is so pretty Char! If I remember right, paper piecing uses fabric and paper right? My sister in law does that. She is an incredible quilter. If she didn’t live in California I would get her to be my teacher.

Ah! I should have looked at the next post before asking above. Lol Very cool!

I wrote this book over a year ago. And the second in the series is 1/4 written already. I was hoping to contract it to a traditional publisher. My agent did her best, but in the days of “woke,” stories about Indian wars are apparently taboo. Got a lot of really nice comments about my writing, the story, etc., followed by … but the subject matter … sigh So I’m self-publishing this one, and my agent is shopping another series I have going that is post-Civil War era, still historical romance, but focuses on the men and how the war damaged them in different ways. She’s hopeful for that one. We’ll see! Covid really hit the publishing world hard.

looking forward to the release date.
Woo Hoo!!

I have never heard of this technique.
Very interesting.
I love the colors you chose.

Using the hand cards today. Blending some of this, others I’ll card single color. Not sure what it will be yet. It’s all over-dyed natural gray fleece from my Maggie.
[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: IMG_20210403_142617083.jpg Views: 12 Size: 166.8 KB ID: 94913”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“94913”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:94996}[/ATTACH]