Any machine knitters here?

It certainly is! I don’t do cables or fancy stitches, like to play with colors! Will be getting back to more machine knitting when the weather cools down, LOL. Hoping the rest of the machine knitters on the old site make it over here!! Thinking of posting fave machine knitting links…

As my previous computer died, (while making a backup!) all my machine knitting links are gone, BUT while rebuilding them, I found this: old MK patterns at https://s216.photobucket.com/user/Britlady52/library/VINTAGE%20MACHINE%20KNIT%20PATTERNS?page=0
I know I’ve downloaded them before…:smiley:

In North America, Singer and Studio were both manufactured by Silver Seiko in Japan. They just had different labels. Silver went bankrupt nearly twenty years ago, and they are now branded Silver Reed, made in China. They are not making new electronic machines, though.

I have the sweater machine, an antique fine gauge that needs fixing and a double bed Artisan mid gauge . All are in storage, no room to set them up. :frowning:

My collection
KX350, I used a lot.
Singer 888 with ribber-taken apart for cleaning since 4 years ago
KH260 with ribber- ribber in pieces
Toyota 901 with ribber-in boxes
Passap duo 80 with motor-in the garage covered
Hague linker
Double tilted custom table for the Singer and Brother KH260
I have no time. I would need to take month off from work to get organized, situated, move everything around so I hand knit and crochet in bed after work till I retire.
All my machines and parts are new old stock! Toyota I bought as used but it has original paper and boxes . My singer is very old. Maybe close to 60?
It was never used. So shiny and beautiful and very heavy.
My boyfriend has no idea what $ I put in all my stuff. He really doesn’t care that much, other that it takes lots of space now.
I’ll have a blast when I retire!!!

I have 4 machines. I haven’t used them in a long time, but would like to get back to using them. Mine are all Brother or Knitking. I have 1 bulky, 1 standard punch card, and 2 standard electronics, with ribbers. Also have a g-carriage, motor and disk drive. I used to do a lot of custom knitting, but had to quit due to too much stress. I was too picky and the stress really messed with my stomach. I would like to start again and just knit for myself and maybe for the grands. And to use up some of my large stash.

Yep! I have a 970, 270, 930, 940, kx350 (2 of them joined), USM, a variety of childs plastic vintage flatbeds, motors, ribbers, etc., and a couple CSM’s. I also manufacture garter bars, needlestoppers, and other accessories for knitting machines (blatant plug here). I love both crafts, hand knitting and machine knitting. :smiley:

I have a Singer Bulky and a King Addi. I’m not too pleased with the Addi, may be using the wrong size yarn. I have been using a full worsted (4) and yesterday I was told to use a light worsted or DK so will try that later today. I also handknit. Glad to join this forum.

I have a brother 940 and a 260. It has been a while but I am dusting them off and putting them back to work.

I did lots of machine knitting between 1992-2005, then stopped when I went back to work part-time. The two people who were encouraging and supporting me with this craft are gone now. Last year I took the Blu-print class and made a sweater and some fingerless mitts. I enjoyed it but still not really using my machines. I just prefer hand knitting these days. I think if I got involved with a group and got some inspiration I may use my machines more. I have a Brother 930, a Brother bulky, and a Bond.

I have a Studio/Silver Reed 9mm SK155 and ribber and an LK150. I recently got an MK70 that I have never used. We travel in the summer and winter near Surprise, Arizona and that’s where my machines are, so I’m hoping to get some Christmas presents done when we get back there.

Glenda

I have a Studio LK-150. I have not used it in a while. I moved into a smaller place so space is limited.

Yes! Since leaving both raverly and FB I have been looking for MK groups. Hoping one pops up on MeWe soon. Happy to have found this page!

Forgot to mention, LK150, KH940 & KH260 both with ribbers, garter carriage, DAK8, and lots of accessories…lol

That’s my issue in this house. No crafting space for sewing or machine knitting. At least I can handknit. All I need is a lamp and a lap!

I’m glad to know there are other machine knitters out there.

Lately, I’ve been interested in knitting Icelandic yoke sweaters and would like to knit enough to sell at an upscale show this fall. I’m going to have to break out a knitting machine to help me with that. I’m going to knit the body and sleeves on the machine, and then do the yoke by hand. Does anyone else combine both hand and machine knitting in one project?

I am not skilled on machines yet but did hand knit one sweater top down and finished it on machine. It was just simple thing to see how it works out. I love to knit-cut and sew. It does waste yarn but it goes fast not worrying about counting and underarm stitches etc and cuffs, bands and collars can be finished by hand or machine.

Yes, I frequently combine the two. A few years ago I used my bulky machine to make 9 Icelandic sweaters for the adult couples on my Christmas list.
I prefer doing the yoke pattern by hand but you can also do them on the machine using a garter bar to decrease the yoke. I will confess that by number 9, I was truly bored. So really admire the fact you plan to do many for sale. Happy Knitting. Dee

Sure, when I do machine knitted socks, I always hand knit the cuffs: SAYG socks on my Profile 550 standard gauge. I will also hand knit the necklines and cuffs if doing a sweater.