Alabama knitter

Hello - I recently found this site while looking for ravelry alternatives. With four kids 6 and under I don’t have a ton of time to knit, but I do it as much as I can. I’d consider myself a decent knitter - I’ve made hoodies and dresses and color work Christmas stockings. Looking forward to participating in the forums.

Welcome, Natalie I too came from over there last year, you’ll find a lot to like here.

Hi Natalie! Welcome to FiberKind. :slight_smile:

As you are browsing the forums, please feel free
to join in wherever you would like. You’ll find the folks around here very helpful (and maybe a little enabling LOL)

Such a cutie for your profile picture!

@Natalie_Lorin - Welcome to Fiberkind. I think you will find this a welcoming and warm place to chit chat and share your love of knitting.

@Natalie_Lorin Welcome to this wonderful site. Lots of fun groups to browse and join. It will be a wonderful place to show your projects.:fk:

Hello, Natalie, welcome to FiberKind!

Welcome @Natalie_Lorin! This is such a friendly community, I’m sure you’ll love it here. If you have any questions about the site please ask, someone will be happy to help as we want you to feel at home here. I look forward to hearing more about your knitting projects and wonderful children.

Welcome @Natalie_Lorin! It sounds like you have quite a bit of knitting experience under your belt! Enjoy your this season of life as much as possible with your littles, and sneak in some knitting time once in a while. We’re so glad you found us. This is a sweet place to hang out and learn new skills and share your knowledge with others.

Thanks everyone!

I have to say my kids are serious yarn enablers - my girls will bring my yarn if I’m sitting down, and all of them will ask me to make them things. My oldest boy isn’t exempt! So I knit after bed and while supervising chores and doing school and things like that. You can’t really see it, but I knit my youngest a long all before he was born. Then he was 10lbs, so despite me making it “with room to grow” he wasn’t in it very long!

Welcome.
Nice to meet you. I also had a large (10 1/2) pound baby. Congrats on the hard work of carrying that boy around for duration of the pregnancy. Didn’t it feel like you were carrying at least two babies and their luggage at the same time. The baby in your profile picture is absolutely adorable and the outfit looks so cute and perfect. Love the colors.

Welcome to Fiberkind! Happy that you found your way here and joined in!
Your baby is so precious!

@Natalie_Lorin Welcome to Fiberkind! We’re glad to have you here. I think you’ll find this a friendly place where people love to share. It’s a great community and once you find your way around, we’d love to see some of those things your kids ask you to make!