A Little Whine Here

My adult son was putting something together and he laid out the parts sheet then carefully went through each item and lined them up accordingly. I asked him where he had learned to do that because it certainly wasn’t from his father or either of his grandfathers. He said “Legos.”

I believe it!

My exhusband used to do that to our computer at least once a month back before Windows. Bill Gates was my favorite person on earth in the 90s.

LOL! I finally figured out how to get my father to do the thing Mom wanted done. When they moved into a new house and were remodeling, Mom wanted to tear down a wall as part of the kitchen remodel. Dad objected saying it was too hard/expensive. When I was visiting and we were all talking about the ideas, I casually said, “Dad, it sure is a shame you can’t figure out how to remove that wall…” By the time I returned for my next visit it was done. That line served my mother well for years and years!

I don’t know if this is at all helpful information. I had a whole house surge protector installed next to the main electrical box because we were experiencing terrible power surges and outages during storms (and sometimes even when the wind blew more than 10 miles an hour with aging utility equipment). I had lost a new furnace, telephone answering machine, new oven, etc so I figured it was worth the cost to try to protect all the electrical stuff. So many newer appliances have insufficient protection of circuit boards because "it’s all about price/profit folks"and there is really not a lot of information available to help consumers choose the best protected products.
https://www.thisoldhouse.com/ideas/surge-protection

My mother asked my dad to remove a non-load bearing wall to open up the small useless entryway into the living room. After weeks of waiting she finally just broke up the drywall while he was at work. He had no choice but to finish the job.

@annekepoot That’s hilarious! I’m sorry, Honey, I had an accident with the sledgehammer…