#8 - Tunisian Smock Stitch

It’s Beautiful!

I started a scarf with week 8, and a larger hook to loosen things up. I don’t know if I like it, but here it is… DK Bernat Baby.

I also put together a baby afghan with the first weeks of squares, and the same number of TSS squares. I have a lot of bobo’s, but some baby will keep warm in it.

8FC63679-5B12-45B8-B1E9-907997AD98B1.jpeg

820CFCE2-6903-4DD6-8DBD-8566AA2A5EB1.jpeg

Well done!! I like the scarf and the baby blanket is so bright and cheery!!

All nicely done!

I have to admit I’m a little bit relieved that it isn’t just me. Lol It comes out looking so pretty though! It’s worth a little struggle to master.

Finally got a chance to take a picture.

DSCN6299 (2).JPG

@DJM, this looks great, nice job!

Thank you.

Looking good @DJM! I hope mine looks like this when I get there.

@pinesprairie I have faith yours will be beautiful.

It came out great!

@KnitsWithHorses Thank you

Nicely done!

Here is my smock stitch square. A little late, again. This one was fun. And…when I showed my daughter her first response was, “those are teardrops.” So that is a huge plus.

I am getting better at reading my own stitches. That yarn over stitch did hide from me a couple of times…and I did have it completely slide out of place a time or two as I was learning to hold on to it and reach for the other stitches.

:fk:

Resized_20201014_101752.jpeg

It looks wonderful!!

That came out beautiful!! Did you say you were going to be joining your squares together? I can’t remember. Your squares all look so pretty that it will certainly make something beautiful if you do.

So pretty!

Thank you everyone for your kind words.
@KnitsWithHorses Yes, I will be blocking and joining my squares later. I am having difficulty making them all exactly the same size. My very loose plan so far is to group them together by size. For example…smallest ones in the center, larger ones bordering those.

I started with the light colored yarn from my stash originally because of the feel of the yarn. I have run out of that old yarn and had to try to buy something similar from the Big Box Store. This yarn helps me to relax.

Maybe now that the kiddo’s are grown I can keep something this lightly colored clean.
Lol…who am I kidding. I am clumsy and married. This isn’t going to stay perfectly white for long. LOL.

@hereami, I had the same problem with getting the squares the same size even though I was using the same yarn and same number of stitches. I gave up trying to make something I could join together and went to face cloths which worked.

The good thing is, it doesn’t really matter what we decide to do with them! You could turn them into a project or ‘catch-all’ bag or pillow covering or seat cover or…

Okay first off, I’m so impressed you actually completed a blanket with Tunisian squares already!! And your smock stitch looks great! Did you have any confusion over the beginning and end of each row or is that just me. I’m not exactly hitting on all my pistons lately so it’s probably just me. :crazy_face: