Hello Everyone & Welcome Back!
Today we’ll be discussing the Tunisian Block Stitch!
A video for the Tunisian Block Stitch is available from TL Yarn Crafts.
This stitch is worked over a multiple of 4 + 3 using TSS and EXFPDC (Extended Front Post Double Crochet) with a 3 row repeat. Color changes are made at the end of return passes and carried up the side of the work.
This stitch pattern has a slight curl at the beginning, so keep your tension loose and block your project when complete.
EXFPDC - yo, insert hook under the front and back vertical bars of the stitch 3 rows below, pull up a loop, yo, pull through 1 loop, yo, pull through 2 loops, 1 loop remains on the hook, skipping the vertical bar of the TSS on the current row.
Begin with a Basic Foundation Row:
With COLOR A - Chain any multiple of 4+3
(1) Insert your hook into the back bump of the second chain from the hook.
(2) Yarn over and pull up a loop. Leave that loop on your hook. Repeat steps 1&2 across the row. This is your “Forward Pass”. Don’t turn your work.
Yarn over and draw through one loop only. * Yarn over and draw through two loops. * Repeat - until there are 2 loops left on the hook.
Drop COLOR A and change to Color B to complete last stitch.
- [B]Row 1.[/B] With [B]COLOR B[/B] - TSS all stitches.
- [B]Row 2.[/B] TSS all stitches.
- [B]Rows 3[/B] With [B]COLOR A[/B] - Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, TSS x 2, *EXFPDC, TSS x 3* to end.
Repeat Rows 1-3 to desired length without changing color on row 3.
[B]Bind Off in TSS with COLOR A.