2020 Stashbuster Weekly Results

Wow! @Fisherwife you did a lot of yarn work this year. woo hoo!

I am not very competitive. However…Like you, I paused and thought about my points before grabbing impulse yarn this past year. Almost all of the yarn I purchased this year had an immediate purpose. Lol…Almost all the yarn…Lol.

Having the new yarn count as negative points was genius.
That kept me from buying yarn that was on sale…just because it was on sale. Overall I am happy with my numbers and my progress for last year.
We will see what 2021 brings. I am hoping to use more of the stash…but who knows. Maybe it will be a replenishing year. Lol.

Yes, I did do a lot of projects. I have an ongoing battenburg blanket (small grannies) and I worked on many scarves, hats, potholders, dishcloths and Christmas ornaments. I also found relief in donating yarn I am not ever likely to use. When purchased, the yarn seemed like a good idea but often I never used it. I’ve also become something of a snob and don’t like much of the yarn found in big box stores. I’ve made a yarn inventory and I’ve also made another pile of yarn to be donated. There is a bag of yarn that is odds and ends that I am considering tossing altogether, unless I get busy making them into small prayer squares that I take to church. They always disappear there, although with the numbers down in attendance, I may have to donate those to a cause or mail them to our shut ins. Anyway, I predict 2021 will be the year that many of us get ourselves together and weed out our stash or work it up! Best wishes to you all for a happy new year!

[SIZE=18px]Scores for the week ending 01/11/2020

:1st_place_medal: Gold Medal Winner: @TexasPurl +17

:2nd_place_medal: Silver Medal Winner: @Natalia +8

:3rd_place_medal: Bronze Medal Winner: @knitter131 +7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Making Progress:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px]@DJM +4[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@crossstitchlinda +2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Holding Steady @ 0:[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@Char [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][SIZE=18px][B]🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner: [/B][/SIZE][B]@lovesttostitch -1[/B]

[SIZE=18px]Another great week.

Have a happy week! :fk: [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Woot - look at all that stash used up!!! :slight_smile: :fk:

With an explanation from another page for the value of my prize, I correct my total to WTD -1/YTD -1.

I’ve got you covered @lovestostitch!

I apparently need more coffee.

i don’t want to be this kind of winner! As the Shoot the Moon winner, am I scorekeeper until someone has a worse score than me? I’m in really big trouble. I’ve got to stop chatting and get knitting! Off to knit…

@lovestostitch Rumor has it - you may have competition this week. 1) Saturday is my birthday so I treated myself to a few stash building skeins of yarn. 2) @TexasPurl indicated she also has yarn coming her way… :slight_smile:

@Char @TexasPurl - Yey! I have no yarn deliveries scheduled. I spent a lot of time this week packing up Christmas decorations and trying to get my family room back to normal. I still had all the normal decorations packed away in my office from our construction work in our family room. Now I can get everything back to normal.

What a great week for stash busting… Great job everyone. Happy Birthday @Char.

I also have yarn coming, don’t know when. Mine is part of a Christmas gift.

I’m happy but I’m also sad. My friend hasn’t been able to get into town to ship the box she has for me. Weather related stuff. But I won’t be adding to the stash just yet either!

Scores for the week ending 01/18/2020

:1st_place_medal: Gold Medal Winner: @knitter131 +23

:2nd_place_medal: Silver Medal Winner: @DJM +11

:3rd_place_medal: Bronze Medal Winner: @Natalia +6

Making Progress
@crosstitchlinda +6
@TexasPurl +2

Making Progress - in the wrong direction!
@Sjuly -6
@Char -2

Making No Progress
@lovestostitch = 0

:rocket: Shoot the Moon Winner: @moescrochet -20

Great week everyone!

@moescrochet - I can cover for you next week.

Thanks, weekends are just hard for me to get online, let alone have a brain behind me being on LOL

[SIZE=14px]Scores for the week ending 01/25/2020[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18px]:1st_place_medal: Gold Medal Winner: @Char +25

:2nd_place_medal: Silver Medal Winner: @crosstitchlinda +12

:3rd_place_medal: Bronze Medal Winner: @DJM +10[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px]@Fisherwife +6[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@TexasPurl +2[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@hfenenga +2[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@Sjuly +1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Holding Steady @ 0:[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@MBearMakes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Been shopping:[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@Natalia -4[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18px][B]🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner: @knitter131 -42[/B]

[SIZE=16px]Another great week.

Have a happy week[/SIZE][SIZE=14px]! [/SIZE]:fk:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]YTD scores for the January 2020[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18px]:1st_place_medal: Gold Medal Winner: @Char +40[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18px]:2nd_place_medal: Silver Medal Winner: @TexasPurl +27

:3rd_place_medal: Bronze Medal Winner: DJM +25[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px]@crosstitchlinda +20[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@Fisherwife +14[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@Natalia +14[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@MBearMakes +6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Been shopping:[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@Sjuly -2[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]@knitter131 -8[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18px][B]🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner: @hfenenga -16[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Thanks everyone! :fk:[/SIZE]

Well, most. If us are making wonderful progress, if you don’t look at my score, lol. Congrats everyone!

@knitter131 - most of us will slip at some point. Besides, who could pass up shopping at @Char 's yarn shop?!