2020 Holiday Craft Along - Chatter Thread

[SIZE=22px]Good morning! Time for the Sunday Morning Question…[/SIZE]

How many items have you made for yourself?

It doesn’t seem like it but I have made countless socks for myself, shawls, and I am sure other things as well.

These days I tend to make more for others, and that gives me such joy.

Not to be a party pooper, but as today is November 1, 2020… maybe we should migrate out of the October 2020 chatter and into November 2020 chatter (AKA Holiday 2020 craft along chatter)?
Links: [INDENT]1) https://fiberkind.com/forum/communit…tter#post80808
2) https://fiberkind.com/forum/communit…ay-craft-along[/INDENT]

:slight_smile:

Well, I moved them. I thought they would come together as replies but they didn’t. Oh well. :slight_smile:

@TexasPurl I moved this here :). Hope that is ok!

:slight_smile:
OK, I see the posts are showing up in both threads (Oct 2020 Chatter -and- Holiday Craft Along).
:wink:

Any and everything for winter wear!!

@qfknit - I don’t see it in the October thread?

@Char - it looks like the posts/comments have moved over to this Holiday Craft Along thread, now! :slight_smile:

Thank you for double checking. :fk:

No idea how many over the years really. Countless socks, glittens, hats, cowls and a few shawls. A couple of sweaters that didn’t fit well years ago. I’m much better at sweaters now and I’m trying again. Every time I made a sweater in the past it ended up fitting someone else much better than me or just being really unflattering. I’ve been knitting for over 40 years and I was severely disabled for almost 20 of those years so there’s been a lot of time to make things for everyone. Lol

I do not know, because I do not keep track. I do have two blankets on my bed at the moment that I made, and several shawl in the closet, as well as several more shawls and blankets on the hook or needles.

Question for the Holiday Along: I do not do much gift crafting for family, but I do make items for Operation Christmas Child and other charities. Will those items count for this along, and if so, is there a minimum yardage requirement?

Surprisingly few as I make for others but a sweater and short cape to see if I could make wearables (they were promptly permanently borrowed by friends), a couple of winter scarves and a log cabin blanket.

I would say everything counts and no, no minimum. You should get double points for donation gifts, but that’s not my call!!!

On another note, I am still looking for small sister-type gifts. We don’t go all out, and everything has to be mailed, so small is kind of the key word.

I’m working on a new knitting project, designing a new pattern with some of our yarn. Kinda forgot how much I enjoy doing this.

Things I’ve made for my sis in Arizona include a lace weight cowl designed just for her, coasters in her favorite team colors, mug cozies, matching hats for her and her sweetie and fingerless mitts. There’s a website @Snoogins shared that let’s you search according to yardage you wish to use and other factors. Super cool.

Here’s the link with 0-150 yards already plugged in. You can add lots of other limiting factors or just browse this list for inspiration.
https://www.knittingpatternsgalore.com/yardage-0-150-yards.html

No minimum. :slight_smile:

I just set up the finished object thread. It explains the points and such. :). Let me know if you have any questions.