#20 - Tunisian Drop Stitch

[SIZE=16px]Hello Everyone & Welcome Back! :fk:[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Today we explore another lace stitch! The Drop Stitch.

Video tutorial of this stitch can be found from CrochetKim & Ellen Gormley.

This stitch produces a very lacy fabric with extra tall stitches. It can be used with TSS, TPS, TKS & TRS with great results.
The Return Pass is a bit challenging, but with patience and practice, it will look amazing.
After completing each return pass, gently tug the top of the project upward to merge the yarn overs with the working stitches to create the long lacy loops.

Use a hook 1-2 times larger than the yarn label recommendation.

WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS:

A traditional foundation row can be used with this stitch to give the bottom of the project more stability. Add a ch1 at beginning of the return pass of a traditional foundation row to set up for the next Forward Pass
If you choose to use the traditional foundation row, skip this step.

Foundation Row:

Create any number of chains +1 (Ex. If you want your project to be 30 stitches across, ch 31)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px]Insert your hook into the back bump of the third chain from the hook. The extra chain will lengthen the edge stitch to match the body of your work.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]*YO, insert your hook into the next back bump, yo, pull up a loop*, repeat *-* until one stitch remains, yo, insert your hook into the next back bump, yo, pull up a loop.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]([I]RETURN PASS[/I] – Ch2, *remove hook from the last loop on the hook, drop the yo (next loop) from the hook and place the last loop back on the hook, yo, pull through 2 loops*, repeat *-* until 3 loops are left on the hook, yo, pull through 2 loops twice.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]DROP STITCH (TSS, TKS, TRS) continued[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]FORWARD PASS[/B] - Ch 1, skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *TSS, *yo, TSS in the next stitch*, repeat *-* to last stitch, yo, TSS in the 2nd ch of the last stitch.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]RETURN PASS[/B] - Ch2, *remove hook from the last loop on the hook, drop the yo (next loop) from the hook and place the last loop back on the hook, yo, pull through 2 loops*, repeat *-* until 3 loops are left on the hook, yo, pull through 2 loops twice.BIND OFF using a tradition bind off with stitch method used in pattern.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Substitute TSS with TKS or TRS with this method. [B]BIND OFF[/B] using a tradition bind off with stitch method used in pattern.

DROP STITCH (TPS) continued[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px][B]FORWARD PASS[/B] - Ch 1, skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *TPS, *yu, TPS in the next stitch*, repeat *-* to last stitch, yo, TSS in the 2nd ch of the last stitch.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]RETURN PASS[/B] - Ch2, *remove hook from the last loop on the hook, drop the yu (next loop) from the hook and place the last loop back on the hook, yo, pull through 2 loops*, repeat *-* until 3 loops are left on the hook, yo, pull through 2 loops twice.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]BIND OFF[/B] using a tradition bind off with stitch used in pattern.

Free Pattern
Drop Stitch Scarf by CrochetKim[/SIZE]

PXL_20210911_004439343.jpg

Oh - This is a very lovely stitch!!! :heart:

This looks like a fun stitch! @TexasPurl - your photo shows TKS twice, I’m wondering if one of them would be the TSS?

Can’t wait to see how this works up for me. Thanks so much…

Thanks, Debbie - I think I like the TSS version the best, so I’ll be trying that one.

My quick swatch of the Drop Stitch.

DSCN7576.JPG

What a pretty scarf or cowl that would make!

@knitter131 ~ thanks for catching that!. I was rushing to get this up. :heartpulse:

@Char ~ I think so too!