#19 - Tunisian Arrowhead Lace

[SIZE=16px]Hello Everyone & Welcome Back! :fk:[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Today we’re moving on to a pretty lace stitch pattern! Tunisian Arrowhead Lace

This stitch is #18 in “The New Tunisian Crochet – Contemporary Designs from Time-Honored Traditions” by Dora Ohrenstein.

A video tutorial for this pattern is available from Knitter Knotter. She named this stitch pattern “Mori Lace”.

This pattern is worked over an even number of stitches. It’s wise to use a hook 1-2 times larger than the yarn label recommendation, but with this stitch, 3 times larger may be called for to get the drape you’re looking for.

It has no curl with the finished result having a lovely lacy drape.

WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS:

Begin this & nearly all Tunisian projects with a Foundation Row:

Create an even number of chains.
(1) Insert your hook into the back bump of the second chain from the hook.
(2) Yarn over and pull up a loop. Leave that loop on your hook. Repeat steps 1&2 across the row. This is your “Forward Pass”. Don’t turn your work.
Yarn over and draw through one loop only. * Yarn over and draw through two loops. * Repeat - to the end. You should have one loop on your hook.

These steps create your foundation row. You’ll see your vertical bars across the row and proceed to make different types of stitches in the remaining rows of the work.

Arrowhead Lace (Stacked) 2 Row Repeat[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px][B]Row 1[/B]. Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *TSS2tog in next 2 stitches, yarn over*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TSS in the last stitch. Basic return pass.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Row 2[/B]. Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *TSS, TFS in the space create with the YO*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TSS in the last stitch. Basic return pass.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Repeat rows 1 & 2 to the desired length, end with a Row 1.

Bind off in pattern.

Arrowhead Lace (Offset) 4 Row Repeat[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px][B]Row 1[/B]. Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *TSS2tog in next 2 stitches, yarn over*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TSS in the last stitch. Basic return pass.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Row 2[/B]. Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *TSS, TFS in the space created with the YO*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TSS in the last stitch. Basic return pass.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Row 3[/B]. Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, TSS, *TSS2tog in next 2 stitches, yarn over*, repeat *-* to last 2 stitches, TSS, TSS in the last stitch. Basic return pass.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Row 4[/B]. Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *TSS x2, TFS in the space created with the YO*, repeat *-* to last 2 stitches, TSS, TSS in the last stitch. Basic return pass.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Repeat rows 1-4 to the desired length, end with a Row 1 or 3.

Bind off in pattern.

Free Pattern
Ruffled Waters Shawl by Knitter Knotter[/SIZE]

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]

PXL_20210826_192559655.jpg

Welcome back! I’m so glad you are up to starting this back up again!

ETA - our apologies for the technical glitch. Our intention was to “drop” the pattern yesterday but it didn’t go as planned. :slight_smile:

Here’s my Arrowhead Lace - I began with a square, but m enjoying it so much I’ve kept on going for a scarf.

F902E1E8-6AB7-4AFE-81F5-7E88DF757BDE.jpeg

It’s lovely!

Happy to be back! Thank you!

Good idea! That’s going to make a really lovely scarf! I need to dust off my tunisian hooks and give this one a try!

So pretty! Now to find the yarn.

Thank so much. I missed these tutorials.

I love the look, and the scarf will be so cozy.

Stacked

Offset

I loved working with the stacked, the offset is nice.

Arrowhead Lace Stacked.JPG

DSCN7552.JPG

Your squares are great!

Pretty! I like the stacked version too.

Thank you both!

I can’t decide which one I like better - they are both beautiful!

@Char I liked working on the stacked, only a two row repeat.

This is a beautiful stitch, I am drawn particularly to the stacked version. I will be starting it today :blush:

Thank you, @TexasPurl and @KnitsWithHorses :smiley::smiley: