#17 - Tunisian Extended Stitches

Hello everyone! :fk:

[SIZE=16px]This week we’re looking into Tunisian Extended Stitches.

A Video tutorial for Tunisian Extended Stitches – Simple (TES-S) is available from Crochet Kim & The Crochet Crowd.

This variation of the Tunisian Simple Stitch creates a more open fabric, which allows you to work projects that have more drape and are breathable. With one little chain stitch added to the traditional Simple Stitch, a lighter fabric is created. Better yet, NO curl!

The additional of a simple chain stitch after pulling up a loop in any of the basic stitches can change the entire feel of the fabric! [/SIZE] [HR][/HR][SIZE=16px]Written instructions (Tunisian Extended Stitch – Simple):

Foundation Row:
• Create any number of chains
• (1) Insert your hook into the second chain from the hook.
• (2) Yarn over and pull up a loop, ch1. Leave that loop on your hook.
• Repeat steps 1&2 across the row. This is your “Forward Pass”. Don’t turn your work.
Return Pass: Yarn over and draw through one loop only. (Yarn over and draw through two loops.) Repeat () to the end. You should have one loop on your hook.

Tunisian Extended Stitch – Simple
Forward Pass - Insert your hook from right to left, so that the hook goes behind the front vertical bar (keeping the hook to the front of the work, not front-to-back).
• Draw up a loop, ch1. Leave the ch1 loop on your hook. Repeat across the row to the last vertical bar before the left edge.
• Last stitch of the forward pass - insert your hook under both vertical bars of the last stitch (it should look like a v on the outer edge of the work) and pull up a loop, ch1.
Return Pass - Yarn over and draw through one loop only. (Yarn over and draw through two loops.) Repeat () to the end. You should have one loop on your hook.
Continue making Forward & Return passes to your desired length.

Note: When working the last stitch of the forward pass, check the tension of your edge stitches. The additional ch1 may not be necessary on the last stitch if the edges are a bit too loose and loopy.

Bind off in pattern:

Binding off starts just as you would any other row. Insert your hook as you would for TSS.

Yarn over and pull up a loop, ch1. Pull the ch1 loop through the loop on the hook. Repeat across the row to the last stitch.

Last stitch - insert your hook under vertical bars of the last stitch (it should look like a v on the outer edge of the work), pull up a loop, ch1 and finish the slip stitch. Ch, cut the yarn and pull through the loop to fasten off.[/SIZE]
[HR][/HR]

Ext TSS.jpg

Ext TKS.jpg

Ext TFS.jpg

Thank you so much for taking me on this latest journey. I love the look of this stitch!!

Finally got a picture of this wonderful stitch!! :fk:

DSCN6566.JPG

I’m in love with that extended TSS too! Yours looks great!

Thank you, I had fun!!

@TexasPurl and @DJM

loved your squares for this stitch.
I am not sure if I should make all three blocks, or just the TSS.
Obviously @TexasPurl made three beautiful blocks…but, @DJM did you also make more than one block for this week?

Hopefully I will have this block done this week. Again…a late. I am so thankful this is available here on FiberKind, so I can catch up or learn at my own pace.

:fk:Stay well everyone.

I think I only made one.

I enjoyed this stitch. My tension was a bit tighter…so I didn’t get quite the drape others did. However, I can see the potential for a more flexible and Airy fabric.

Resized_20210203_131528.jpeg

Looks great, you could also go up a hook size or two!!