#15 - Tunisian Front & Back Post Stitches

[SIZE=16px]Hello everyone! :fk:

A Video tutorial is available from CrochetKim

Front & Back Post stitches are more often than not, used to control the curl and must be used together. It creates a dense fabric and is reversible. Kim Guzman uses it as a border on her Honey Sweet Baby Blanket.[/SIZE] [HR][/HR]
[SIZE=16px]Written instructions:

Foundation Row (Basic TSS Foundation) [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px]Create an even number of chains[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px](1) Insert your hook into the second chain from the hook.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px](2) Yarn over and pull up a loop. Leave that loop on your hook.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Repeat steps 1&2 across the row. This is your "Forward Pass". Don't turn your work.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Yarn over and draw through one loop only. *Yarn over and draw through two loops*, repeat *-* to the end. You should have one loop on your hook.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Tunisian Front & Back Post Stitch - Simple Stitch[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Front Post- Simple: Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *insert the hook, from front to back as if to TFS (between the vertical bars of the 1st & 2nd stitch), then from back to front between the 2nd & 3rd stitch, yo & pull up a loop*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TSS. [/SIZE][SIZE=16px]Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Back Post- Simple: Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *insert the hook, from back to front between the vertical bars of the 1st & 2nd stitch, then from front to back between the 2nd & 3rd stitch, yo & pull up a loop*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TSS. Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Tunisian Front & Back Post Stitch - Double Stitch[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Front Post- Double: Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, ch1, *yo insert the hook, from front to back as if to TFS (between the vertical bars of the 1st & 2nd stitch), then from back to front between the 2nd & 3rd stitch, yo & pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TDS.[/SIZE] [SIZE=16px]Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Back Post- Double: Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, ch1, *insert the hook, from back to front between the vertical bars of the 1st & 2nd stitch, then from front to back between the 2nd & 3rd stitch, yo & pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops*, repeat *-* to last stitch, TDS. [/SIZE][SIZE=16px]Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Bind off in pattern.[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Work stitches as above pulling final loop of each stitch through the last loop on the hook.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Chain 1, cut the yarn and pull through the loop to fasten off.[/SIZE]
[HR][/HR] [SIZE=16px][/SIZE]

TSS Posts.png

PXL_20201021_222001811.jpg

TFPS-TBPS Stacked.png

TFPS-TBPS Alt.png

TFPS-TBPS Mesh.png

Wow, lot’s to learn this week!!:fk:

I made this one into a little face cloth. Started with stacked for a few rows, then alternating and ended with a few rows stacked again.

IMG_20201124_150605.jpg

Well done! Looks great…

Thank you. The right edge isn’t as messy as it appears in the photo.

Nicely done! Isn’t that a fun technique?!

@TexasPurl It is fun! And really simple. I tried doing stacked and then all front but it shifted to the right a LOT for some reason so I frogged it and tried this instead. I think it’s perfect for a face cloth.

So much fun!! :fk:

DSCN6499.JPG

DSCN6497.JPG

Yay! I thought you might really enjoy this one!

So many possibilities! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart: