#12 - Tunisian Lattice Stitch

[SIZE=16px]Hello everyone! Today we’re working on the Tunisian Lattice Stitch & Diagonal Lattice Stitch

A Video tutorial for the Lattice Stitch is available from Mode Bespoke
Video tutorials for the Diagonal Lattice Stitch are available from Hookloopsarah Crochet & TL Yarn Crafts

Note: Many of the video tutorials I found don’t necessarily indicate the differences in the names of the stitches in the title.

The Tunisian Lattice Stitch is made with the Tunisian Simple Stitch either 2 together or 3 together depending upon the version used. Both are made over a 2 row repeat. It creates a highly textured, visually stunning fabric. Both versions have a slight curl and tend to pull towards the center of the fabric. A loose tension is recommended. The Tunisian Lattice Stitch creates a large pattern while the Tunisian Diagonal Lattice Stitch creates a smaller, more delicate pattern.[/SIZE] [HR][/HR][SIZE=18px]Written instructions (Tunisian Lattice Stitch) :[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Foundation Row (Basic TSS Foundation) [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px]Create an even number of chains[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px](1) Insert your hook into the second chain from the hook.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px](2) Yarn over and pull up a loop. Leave that loop on your hook.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Repeat steps 1&2 across the row. This is your "Forward Pass". Don't turn your work.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Yarn over and draw through one loop only. (Yarn over and draw through two loops.) Repeat () to the end. You should have one loop on your hook.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Tunisian Lattice Stitch (TLS)[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Row 1 - Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *insert the hook under the next 3 vertical bars and pull up a loop, yo, insert the hook under the same 3 vertical bars and pull up a loop (TLS), insert the hook under the next vertical bar and pull up a loop*, repeat *-* to last 4 stitches, insert the hook under the next 3 vertical bars and pull up a loop, yo, insert the hook under the same 3 vertical bars and pull up a loop, insert the hook under the 2 vertical bars of the last stitch and pull up a loop. Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Row 2 - Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, TSS in the next 3 vertical bars, *insert the hook under the next 3 vertical bars and pull up a loop, yo, insert the hook under the same 3 vertical bars and pull up a loop (TLS), insert the hook under the next vertical bar and pull up a loop*, repeat *-* to last 7 stitches, TLS, TSS in next 3 vertical bars, insert the hook under the 2 vertical bars of the last stitch and pull up a loop. Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Tunisian Diagonal Lattice Stitch (TDLS)[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Row 1 - Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *insert the hook under the next 2 vertical bars and pull up a loop (TSS2tog), insert the hook under the first vertical bar of the TSS2tog just made and pull up a loop (TDLS)*, repeat *-* to last stitch, insert the hook under the 2 vertical bars of the last stitch and pull up a loop. Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Row 2 - Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, TSS in the next vertical bar, *insert the hook under the next 2 vertical bars and pull up a loop (TSS2tog), insert the hook under the first vertical bar of the TSS2tog just made and pull up a loop (TDLS)*, repeat *-* to last 2 stitches, TSS, insert the hook under the 2 vertical bars of the last stitch and pull up a loop. Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Bind off in TSS.[/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *yo, insert the hook under the next vertical bar and pull through all loops*, repeat *-* to last stitch, yo, insert the hook under the 2 vertical bars of the last stitch and pull through all loops. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Chain 1, cut the yarn and pull through the loop to fasten off.[/SIZE]
[HR][/HR][SIZE=16px][B]Free Patterns[/B]

Dylan’s Blanket (Written)
Diagonal Lattice Tunisian Headband (Written)[/SIZE] [HR][/HR]

Lattice.jpg

Diag Lattice.jpg

This is so pretty!! Can’t wait to start both samples! :fk:

I hope y’all enjoy this one! It’s just so pretty!

Oh yes, I like them both! Hmmm, maybe I’ll fit this one in!

I finished the [SIZE=12px]Tunisian Diagonal Lattice Stitch. I am having an issue with the left side of the Tunisian Lattice Stitch, I will post a picture when I get it figured out.[/SIZE]

DSCN6372.JPG

It looks great. I guess you figured out what was going wrong. :slight_smile: I tried this stitch several times and still don’t feel likeI really have it figured out. I’ll work on it again when I’m not trying to do all my Christmas knitting. I want it to go in my baby sampler blanket but it will have to be later.

I figured out the diagonal stitch, however I’m still looking in to getting the left edge on the lattice stitch.

Ah, okay. I tried both and couldn’t get either one consistent. I definitely will work on it again later though.

I finished both styles of this lattice stitch. Block ‘B’ or the second choice was so much easier for me.

Not completely happy with the edges, but wanted to move along to the next block. I can always come back and redo a square later.

Resized_20201120_092208.jpeg

Looks great!! I have to go back to block A one of these days. My left edge looked really awful…

@DJM
Thank you .
Yes…my edges drove me crazy on block A. So I just covered it up by block B in the picture.
lol. it was time for me to move on. lol.

So, I tried this again today, my third try. I can’t get it to end with the right number of stitches. The video is easy enough to follow, but I still couldn’t get mine to look like yours. I will move on. This weekend I hope to get caught up!

I forgot about this one. I couldn’t get it worked out either and haven’t yet tried again. I will try again once I’m finished with current projects. I’m still doing a few last holiday projects.

Both of these versions look beautiful, I am excited to get going on them. Thanks so much, @TexasPurl for all your work to make these tutorials available to us. I can’t believe how much I’ve learned already :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: